Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2015, 11:49 AM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,793 times

Advertisements

Large mixed-used building proposed for Stockton and T in Sacramento - Sacramento Business Journal

Quote:
Large mixed-used building proposed for Stockton and T

An empty office building and its parking on Stockton Boulevard would become a five-story mixed-use building and 21 single-family homes, under an application filed with the city of Sacramento.

The 240,000-square-foot story building would be on the northeast corner of Stockton and T Street, near Highway 50. According to the application, the building at 3675 T St. would have 214 residential units and 6,000 square feet of first-floor retail. Units in the building, twice the size of the existing office building on the site, would be studios or have one or two bedrooms.

A 78,000-square-foot parking garage with 230 parking spaces would serve residents in the mixed-use building, with a clubhouse, fitness center, cabana and storage in an 8,000-square-foot space on the garage roof. As well, the roof would have a sky terrace with a swimming pool/spa, outdoor kitchen, theater and living space, and views of downtown Sacramento.
Sounds like a very nice infill project for the Stockton Blvd corridor. Hopefully more infill will happen along that corridor near UCD Med center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 07:40 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,011,395 times
LoL...single family homes on the site. Sacramento just can't help itself....

Old 03-10-2015, 09:31 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,282,794 times
It's a mile and a half out from the eastern border of the central city, why are single-family homes such an issue? They're on the side of the project closest to the existing Elmhurst neighborhood, a very expensive neighborhood of predominantly single family homes, and represent about 10% of the project. Do other cities ban single-family home construction?

Old 03-11-2015, 12:52 AM

6,906 posts, read 8,275,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Another useless post from a non-resident Sacramento-obsessed poster, lol.

Only 10% of it is single family homes, the side that would connect with other existing single family homes in a very desirable walkable neighborhood within a few blocks of a light rail station.

Last edited by Chimérique; 03-11-2015 at 01:12 AM..

Old 03-11-2015, 08:46 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,801,359 times
Quote:
Giving the people what they want--how heretical.

Seriously, if there was enough demand for a Sears Tower downtown, where people could shop on the ground and lower floors, work in the middle floors and live in penthouse condos "on the 99th floor of their block" and shout "Hey! You! Get Off of my cloud!" I would be all for it.

But there isn't.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:07 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,011,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Another useless post from a non-resident Sacramento-obsessed poster, lol.

Only 10% of it is single family homes, the side that would connect with other existing single family homes in a very desirable walkable neighborhood within a few blocks of a light rail station.
I lived in Sac, but have been lucky to relocate to Santa Cruz. Growing up in coastal So Cal, Santa Cruz is what I prefer.

That being said, the city is not going to promote transit oriented neighborhoods by slapping up more single family homes within a few blocks of a light rail station. Go a few blocks from the Dublin Bart Station. Nothing but condos, apartments, and townhouse development.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:29 PM

Quote:
I lived in Sac, but have been lucky to relocate to Santa Cruz. Growing up in coastal So Cal, Santa Cruz is what I prefer.

That being said, the city is not going to promote transit oriented neighborhoods by slapping up more single family homes within a few blocks of a light rail station. Go a few blocks from the Dublin Bart Station. Nothing but condos, apartments, and townhouse development.
Well I grew up in San Diego but have been lucky enough to relocate to Sacramento, which I and a lot of people prefer to coastal Cal.

This in-fill project is only 10% single family homes. Not sure how Dublin Bart does anything for you in Santa Cruz which is completely cut-off from the rest of the Bay Area unless you take a bus through notoriously dangerous Highway 17.

Last edited by Chimérique; 03-12-2015 at 10:20 PM..

Old 03-12-2015, 09:52 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,282,794 times
There's no reason why a neighborhood can't be transit-oriented and still have single-family homes. Midtown works that way already, mostly apartments intermixed with close-spaced SFH, and the detached homes in this project will almost certainly be small-lot houses like those already in the neighborhood (which was a streetcar suburb to begin with), not big quarter-acre lots. And unlike small-lot homes in Natomas, light rail is just a couple blocks away, plus a high-frequency bus line on Stockton Boulevard, so it has the "transit" for TOD.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:57 AM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,793 times
Why do you guys continue to respond to WizardOfRadical like he is a honest actor?

Old 03-13-2015, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Why do you guys continue to respond to WizardOfRadical like he is a honest actor?
If I see it, and I'm in the mood, I'll call it out.

LOL, "honest actor" - an oxymoron, aren't all actors just pretending, oh right, actors that "just pretend" don't get oscars, speaking of which, you must see the movie "Birdman" if you want to see "honest actors".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento