Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 03:09 PM

762 posts, read 2,030,980 times

Advertisements

L.A nice? Who thinks that? Everybody knows that city is heap of garbage and graffiti
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 06:47 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,282,794 times
I think by "nice" they mean "rich." At least, there are parts of LA where you can go and not see any poor people, and pretend they don't exist. And people there are more likely to be impressed by your fancy new sportscar, designer shirt, or fabulous new investment opportunity.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:07 PM

4 posts, read 3,160 times
Born and raised in San Jose, out in Almaden Valley. Have been living in the Seattle area since 1998, and I start a new job in Sacramento in about 3 weeks. Actually looking forward to the move. The "Seattle Chill" is very real in my opinion, and they can keep their passive/aggressive ways also. And the 20-somethings with their weird sense of entitlement can take a leap also. These posts have been a good read, thanks.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:00 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicOne View Post
Well, at the root of the problem is the fact that the population here, like most of Norcal, is extremely ugly. So I'm sure it would be very easy to make lots of friends with the freaks I regularly encounter, but not with the kind of people I want to be around. The good-looking normal people here are extremely standoffish. The freaks will love you. That might sound funny if you have never lived anywhere else, but where I am from it is normal for .
I've lived in three other countries, eight other states and southern, central and northern California. NorCal people ugly? I think you're freaking out of your mind. People are people no matter where you are and I don't think any one location has a monopoly on ugly. Individuals, however, can certainly have a strong foothold on ugly thoughts.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go tell my wife she's ugly, as Sacramento is her hometown, then send emails to my three daughters, two stepdaughters and four of my granddaughters and tell them they're ugly too.

Old 03-11-2016, 12:16 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,011,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
I think by "nice" they mean "rich." At least, there are parts of LA where you can go and not see any poor people, and pretend they don't exist. And people there are more likely to be impressed by your fancy new sportscar, designer shirt, or fabulous new investment opportunity.
You can always show off your JUMBO tires on your pick up truck, corns on your toes, and new tattoos in Sacramento!

Old 03-11-2016, 12:31 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,282,794 times
Corns and callouses are an occupational hazard of living in such a wonderfully walkable place! To ease the burden on my feet I ride a mountain bike, the pedal-powered equivalent of a monster truck, and it does have some pretty badass tires so I can bounce around the American River trail when I'm not using it to carry groceries home from the farmer's market. I even pack a pair of the cycling equivalent of "Truck Nuts," a fun safety device called "Bike Balls"! Bike Balls bring bicycle nuts to all you bicycle nuts

And yes, we do have a lot of tattoo studios, it's an art form that many Sacramentans embrace unlike other less tolerant places, and provides an opportunity for local artists to make a living from their artwork.

Old 03-11-2016, 04:58 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,572,745 times
Ya these posts stereotyping Sac are absurd. I am a working professional, but after I leave the ofgice I'd honestly rather be around people different than the people I work with. Who cares about tattoos or the way people dress? Ridiculous. And anyone that thinks women are "ugly" here is out of their freaking mind. Go to the capital, McKinley Park to see the people jogging or any gym for that matter and open your eyes.

Old 03-11-2016, 07:16 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,011,395 times
Women in Sac tend to look better than the bay, but that is not saying much...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento