Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2008, 11:40 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,911 times

Advertisements

My son has Asperger Syndrome. The school he is in sucks for taking care of him and his needs. (And it's a top school in the district)

I really want to find someone who has come across a good school for his needs. Any school! We are searching the whole Sac Valley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 02:09 PM

177 posts, read 814,968 times
Well, When I was living in SAC notably, Rocklin and then Lincoln. My 2 special needs kids went to schools in Rocklin and Granite Bay. So they get bussed in from all over the place really ( or they did before the recent budget cuts- don't know whether they will continue that now??). My oldest son was in a speech class ( Communication delays and disorders) in Rocklin run by a wonderful teacher called Mrs. Money. The school was called Parker Whitney. Rocklin I know has some great programs for ASD kids. It's just that living in Cookie-cutter ville was starting to get to us and we moved. I guess it just depends on your sons' specific needs - I know a great psychologist in that area - she was very helpful in pointing us in the right direction - if you want her details I'll PM them to you! Mumof3

Old 03-25-2008, 03:08 PM

1,354 posts, read 6,375,821 times
When we were thinking of moving back to Sac, I researched the school districts. Roseville and Folsom/Cordova districts seemed to have the best programs for autism, followed by Elk Grove. I also found an interesting program run by the Yuba County Office of Education. I talked to the district special education directors and they told me about each school, what was offered, etc. I also talked directly to some of the special ed teachers at the schools. Once you narrow down where you want to live, talk directly to the teachers at the schools. I found their advice to be very helpful. They also gave me their opinions on what districts were offering more services, etc. Good luck.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:21 PM

22 posts, read 90,431 times
Do you have any information about DD adult services in the area? We're moving to the area with our 23 yr old daughter, IQ 48, some autistic spectrum behavior. She will need a group home and a day program. We can live in almost any town since my husband works from home and travels 4x year. Thanks

Old 03-26-2008, 10:10 AM

1,354 posts, read 6,375,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenerpastures View Post
Do you have any information about DD adult services in the area? We're moving to the area with our 23 yr old daughter, IQ 48, some autistic spectrum behavior. She will need a group home and a day program. We can live in almost any town since my husband works from home and travels 4x year. Thanks
Alta Regional Center helps those with DD. They can point you to other organizations.

Alta California Regional Center

Old 04-14-2008, 09:22 PM

71 posts, read 329,801 times
City girl,

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would resurrect it since finding the right school for your child is so important. I also have a child with Asperger's Syndrome, and we have had him in both a Rocklin and a Roseville school. The Roseville school, Blue Oaks Elementary, knocks the socks off the school in Rocklin. My son has been supported to the point that although he still qualifies for services, the only one he actually receives now is Speech because he has made so much incredible progress! We have not had one bad teacher, the kids treat him just like any of the other kids, and the principal is amazing! We are so lucky to have our son there! We also love the area we are in, which is just south of Blue Oaks and west of Woodcreek Oaks.

I hope you find a school you are comfortable with in an area you like! :-)

Old 09-29-2015, 06:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,575 times
My son has autism plz anyone know any good school plz let me know

Old 10-13-2015, 02:24 PM

17 posts, read 16,225 times
Don't know any good leads personally, but am certainly wishing someone happens along here who can point you in the right direction. With a click am putting your message atop the leaderboard so to speak. Best wishes!

Old 10-13-2015, 04:36 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,837,240 times
Check the UC Davis MIND Institute Perhaps they can give you some suggestions

Old 10-13-2015, 04:37 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthesierras View Post
Alta Regional Center helps those with DD. They can point you to other organizations.
Alta California Regional Center
and this. Still a functioning link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento