Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 09:50 AM

534 posts, read 1,533,495 times

Advertisements

El Dorado Hills does have what you want, rolling hills, oak trees, good school district. The shopping district is quite "upscale".

There is a private catholic elementary/middle school - HOWEVER - I had my child there for a year - ALL of the middle school teachers left/were fired (and the one who was let go, a language arts teacher, they waited until almost the last week of the school year, making it next to impossible for her to find a teaching job, and she was a good teacher - and I'm an ex-teacher myself, it was NOT nice what they did to her), the principal was fired (yahoo - after firing a new, good science teacher). One of the new middle school teachers is from another country, my child is very well behaved and has mild learning disabilities, she refused to accomodate my child, saying that in her country "they don't have children like THAT" (meaning they don't mainstream, they institutionalize). I should mention that ALL of the other teachers made small but meaningful accomodations for my child. The new vice principal only had 2 years of teaching experience and was willing to go along with this teacher and give my child a demerit which would result in punishment for not finishing homework (I had been trying for months to meet with the teacher to discuss accomodations for her learning disability and was ignored). To top it off, there was a hate incident involving a student of color, and the offending students were given the same punishment that students who had uniform infractions would get. I wrote to the monsignor and the diocese with no response. I was ignored. They have had nearly a new principal every year that the school has been open. I highly DO NOT RECOMMEND HOLY TRINITY CATHOLIC SCHOOL in El Dorado Hills. I know parents who are now sending their kids to catholic schools in Sacramento and Rancho Cordova rather than have them go another year to Holy Trinity. It is NOT a kind, thoughtful, nice place by my and others' experience. There were a couple of nice parents and a couple of nice staffers, but a lot of the parents were snobby and extremely cliquish. I shudder to think I PAID to put my poor child in that school. She is MUCH happier at the nearby public school, and they treat her MUCH better (and it's a kinder, gentler, more thoughtful place), and the parents don't look down on you if you don't live in Serrano.

El Dorado Hills is in the Buckeye Union School District, which is a good school district.

This was my experience, others may have had better experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 10:47 AM

6 posts, read 21,281 times
I live in El Dorado Hills. Serrano is taking the biggest price hit in this area. I would look at other homes in EDH, more toward Green Valley Road. It seems the closer you get to 50, the more decline in home prices as those are the homes that were most recently built and purchased at higher prices.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:49 AM

6 posts, read 21,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justducky2 View Post

El Dorado Hills is in the Buckeye Union School District, which is a good school district.

Some of EDH is Rescue Union District

Old 07-09-2008, 08:31 AM

702 posts, read 2,524,153 times
We are trying to relocate out to EDH and would love more information. We like the new, solar homes in Blackstone (Lennar) but are not too sure about what the vibe will be in that development. We live in a 1920's home now in an established, nice Northern suburb of Chicago. We would like more space then we have now while still being energy conscious. We are a little concerned about tract homes, but it seems like there aren't many newer solar homes on the market and adding integrated tile roofs seems like an expensive ordeal. Any thoughts? We want beautiful views and lots of light.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:49 PM
pba

410 posts, read 917,539 times
Default Are there 'bad' neighborhoods in the $ 800,000 range???

Seriously, are there? I highly doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento