Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:18 PM

34 posts, read 192,842 times

Advertisements

My husband lived in the Grass Valley area about 17 years ago, and we are thinking of returning from FL. I have tried to look up any gang info in that area, and cannot find anything for Nevada County. Can anyone tell me how Grass Valley/Lake of the Pines/Auburn is as far as gangs? We have 3 children, and are looking for good schools in a good area, good family environment where the parents do not let their kids run loose, but need to be able to commute during rush hour to Sacramento in IT field as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 03:39 PM

54 posts, read 210,248 times
Grass Valley is awesome. Im moving there myself!

Old 08-05-2008, 04:52 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,697,727 times
I don't think Gangs exist up there - it's a wonderful place to raise a family

Old 08-05-2008, 10:45 PM

406 posts, read 1,592,238 times
The best gang map that I have came across for the Sacramento region is this one here. You will want to click on gang activity, but I don't think it covers Grass Valley.

Sacramento Bee CrimeMapper

The grass valley police department releases some stats, but they seem out of date, but you could probably call them.

City of Grass Valley

Old 08-06-2008, 08:32 AM

Default WHat about Auburn/Lake of the Pines?

Hi all! Thank you for your replies. What about Auburn and Lake of the Pines, gangs and crime? Is that pretty much the same as Grass Valley?

Old 08-06-2008, 09:44 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,697,727 times
Same - Auburn, Grass Valley, Lake of the Pines, all the same place - all small townish and in the mountains, very peaceful

Old 08-06-2008, 10:11 AM

Default Thank you!

Great! Thank you! That is great ot hear! I cannot wait. We are leaving on vacation tomorrow to visit and check it out! My husband has fond memories of that area!

Old 03-27-2011, 08:28 PM

2 posts, read 20,833 times
do you people have any idea how much drugs thare are in grass valley.do you no how many people get jumped or house broken into here its crazy

Old 03-27-2011, 10:28 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,295,937 times
Not much in the way of gangs in the Motherlode. It doesn't mean you aren't going to encounter other people with mental problems.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:03 AM

59 posts, read 133,179 times
The Union is the local newspaper and it includes a Police Blotter on it's internet site. You can read comments about crime and homelessness.
It is thought, by locals, that the Mexican drug cartels are rapidly coming into the foothills in Nevada County. You may be able to get more information from the DEA website.
Grass Valley is different than Nevada City (I live here). There is more crime, mostly theft for meth and other serious addictions. In Grass Valley, it is important to choose your neighborhood. It should be said that Grass Valley Police Department got a very good review by the public in a recent newspaper story; however, some of the chaos is more and more of a concern to the public.
Nevada City is having a serious problem with loitering homeless and kids smoking marijuana on the sidewalk in front of stores.
Me too. I feel very disappointed with the culture of this environment. As seniors, I would only feel safe in a gated community. As a younger person, I would do a lot of research with the police departments to see where most residential crime takes place.
It's very sad because this is such a beautiful environment and there is a quality of life, there but now you have to look a little closer for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento