Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 04:38 PM

405 posts, read 1,345,579 times

Advertisements

Majin... you're so full of it. That's El Dorado Hills and Elk Grove. GB has a few trees. And thanks, Summer, for the input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 05:28 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,261,210 times
Sorry I can't tell the difference it all looks the same to me.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:11 PM

527 posts, read 1,323,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sms1967 View Post
Thanks, Rob, and yes... I was referring to the area right off Douglas. We weren't able to give GB a fair shake and wanted some local thoughts. As for "stuffy"... we've been told EDH is new, young money and GB is old, stuffy money. Taken with a grain of salt, of course. We're educated professionals with young kids so I assume we fall into the former category. If the asbestos issue isn't truly an issue it seems we'd be better served in EDH. I was just concerned about what appears to be a glut of people confined to a small area. The drive on the 50 can be challenging enough... I don't want to be bumper to bumper everyday just leaving my prestigious Serrano abode!
from my experience traffic doesn't usually back up that far, its not until you get further into the city that it becomes an issue. for example when i leave csus at 5 pm there is 25mph traffic usually daily but into folsom it clears up pretty well. So with that in mind, doing most errands and what not in folsom or rancho shouldn't be too time consuming driving time wise. hope that helps. check out the real time traffic maps on news 10 during rush hour times, there's a pattern that develops that you'll get to know like that back of your hand.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:57 AM

433 posts, read 1,619,025 times
I just bought a home in EDH a couple months ago and I love it. My house is near El Dorado Hills Blvd and Francisco. Didn't really care for the Serrano area too much. The older EDH neihborhoods are pretty awesome. Every house is different- you will find houses built from the 60's all the way to being built right now. Lots of hills, trees, it's very nice. Granite Bay is nice too, whatever floats your boat. Don't let the asbestos garbage everyone spouts here be a factor in your decision. As long as you don't eat dirt on a regular basis you will be fine. It got a little bit of snow this year too, pretty cool.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k320/Shizzysixd6/Picture_006.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-20-2010, 05:10 PM

527 posts, read 1,323,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shope View Post
I just bought a home in EDH a couple months ago and I love it. My house is near El Dorado Hills Blvd and Francisco. Didn't really care for the Serrano area too much. The older EDH neihborhoods are pretty awesome. Every house is different- you will find houses built from the 60's all the way to being built right now. Lots of hills, trees, it's very nice. Granite Bay is nice too, whatever floats your boat. Don't let the asbestos garbage everyone spouts here be a factor in your decision. As long as you don't eat dirt on a regular basis you will be fine. It got a little bit of snow this year too, pretty cool.
Hey cool picture! I really envy your neighborhood, you made an excellent decision in my opinion.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:50 PM

Hey, can any of you EDH guys tell me something about the Blackstone development or any of the new stuff built south of the 50? Shope... please find the strength to withold your sarcasm... though I am soliciting your opinion. Thanks.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Hey, can any of you EDH guys tell me something about the Blackstone development or any of the new stuff built south of the 50? Shope... please find the strength to withold your sarcasm... though I am soliciting your opinion. Thanks.
I work right by the Blackstone development. Me and the wife looked at some of the houses and the general pricing and it wasn't a fit for us. The prices were still on the high end compared to the rest of EDH but maybe they have gone down? We preffered the older neihborhoods North of 50 closer to the lake. Lots of trees, quiet, reasonably priced and most of them do have basic CC&R's, no motorhomes left out in front and all that stuff you hate But it is all run by volunteers and you don't pay a monthly fee or anything. Highly reccomended.

Though if you have your heart set on a new home you might want to check it out. The downsides are that you don't have any matue trees or landscaping and the development is like a lot of the ones that kinda half died after the housing bust.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:14 AM

14 posts, read 31,688 times
Granite Bay not much shopping, most residents go into Roseville for shopping/dining out/work. it's less than 5 minutes from most areas of Granite Bay.
El Dorado Hills has little shopping, but what shopping they do have is very nice. El Dorado Hills has moderate to high end neighborhoods, some older neighborhoods.
My opinion if you have kids and go out much I suggest Granite Bay, Roseville, Rocklin. That being said, residents in El Dorado Hills and Granite Bay both claim to have the better city. I'm a Realtor and sell homes in both areas.

Last edited by brianfrank; 02-06-2010 at 12:27 AM.. Reason: rewriting

Old 02-09-2010, 11:59 AM

Thanks, Shope, remarkable restraint! And don't act like you don't have a hot button... asbestos boy.

We walked through the Blackstone stuff selling now and thought $400k for the smallest model, stripped down, was too much. Seems like there isn't much on the market up by where you are, either. Guess that's a good sign.

I don't know that I love Serrano with the glut of 'home after home after home' either but you know what you're getting. Also, it seems kids in east EDH and south of the 50 are being bused into Shingle Springs now? Thanks.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks, Shope, remarkable restraint! And don't act like you don't have a hot button... asbestos boy.

We walked through the Blackstone stuff selling now and thought $400k for the smallest model, stripped down, was too much. Seems like there isn't much on the market up by where you are, either. Guess that's a good sign.

I don't know that I love Serrano with the glut of 'home after home after home' either but you know what you're getting. Also, it seems kids in east EDH and south of the 50 are being bused into Shingle Springs now? Thanks.
I got my home in EDH in the St. Andrews area for $261,500 not too long ago. Needed some paint and carpet and a few minor repairs but otherwise very nice. There is not a whole lot in EDH for under $300k but if you keep your eyes peeled you can find a nice one that pops up every now and again. I don't know anything about the school district lines or any busing or anything like that. Can't help you there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento