Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 08:55 PM

9 posts, read 26,872 times

Advertisements

What is the commute like from Auburn to Sac? Any public transportation options?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 09:23 PM

168 posts, read 907,951 times
Lovely image, wburg. What I mean is that I have lived in Placer County for over 25 yrs and I don't believe I have discussed politics with anyone other than my husband. It has been my experience that politics do not get in the way of friendships in this neck of the woods.

Also, I have an acquaintance who owns a duck-hunting preserve (or whatever you call it) in Placer County.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:26 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,285,320 times
Amtrak/Caltrans "Capitol Corridor" trains run from Auburn to Roseville and Sacramento and points east. The train takes about an hour. There are only a few trains per day between Sacramento and Auburn--most of the trains stop at Sacramento.
CCJPA ::

Commuting takes at least an hour, less time outside of rush hour, longer on Friday during snow season when all the Bay Area skiing traffic is going that way too.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:30 PM

8 posts, read 40,075 times
Default Placervill doesn't seem open minded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyro View Post
Hi there, I've been a lurker on these forums for a while now out of curiousity, and I suppose it's time to pose a question of my own. I'm going to start working in Sacramento, and want to find a place for my fiance and I to settle down for the long-run. Here are a few of our preferences:

-Housing up to $450,000 or so. We're both educated professionals in our late 20's, and can afford a moderate lifestyle, so slightly expensive ammnetities and such aren't an issue.
-Safe, with low crime rates.
-Good schools (keeping the future in mind here)
-Don't mind a bit of a commute, preferably no more than an hour from central Sacramento.
-Nowhere overly urban, we like our open space and nature.
-Dog friendly
-No organized religion based community please. I'm an atheist, and my fiance is a very relaxed Christian.
-Liberal is a big plus, though not necessary. We're an interracial couple, and appreciate tolerance, and also have relatively liberal views.

Oh, and within driving distance from lakes/and rivers would be great as well, our lab and golden retriever love to get their paws wet, and if there is the opportunity for duck hunting, I'd be beyond happy.

I was thinking maybe Placerville? My mom grew up there, and she loved it. Of course, that was years ago, I have no idea if it has changed at all. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this, I appreciate it!

Hi there,
Placerville and much of the Gold Country is very white, conservative and sort of like Middle America. I live on the Monterey Coastline and we are thinking of moving to that area in about 5-10 years. We were just in Placerville and Auburn this past 4 of July weekend and saw no minorities whatsoever. I'm not saying they don't live there but look at the City-Data on race and it's like 90% white, nothing like the rest of California. I saw more churches for such small populations I was sort of blown away. Read up on the 2005 protest in front of the Placerville Courthouse by the Hangtown Bootboys (skin head group). Sorry I hate to sound negative but it's quite the 'country' out there. Pretty and historic yes, but open minded probably wouldn't best describe that area. I was also in Sutter Creek and in the window of a store it had a poem about how we are in trouble that Obama is now president, so I'm just giving you a little background to the 'vibe' of that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento