Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 03:09 PM

18 posts, read 25,311 times

Advertisements

Hi! I am moving to SLC in October from Montana d/t a new job. Although I have been there a few times, for interviews with my job, I am not really familiar with it at all. I am looking for a family friendly apt complex in a GOOD neighborhood, with good schools (commute does not bother me). Any rec would be great!!! I have 3 kids under 6yrs so a good neighborhood is a must! I am moving there sight unseen so need some help in this area. Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 07:57 PM

313 posts, read 778,981 times
What's your price range? Nicer the neighborhood the more expensive it is. While commute may not be an issue, the places where nice apartments are are sort of clumped together. There's no reason to commute from West Jordan to Downtown, when you can just as easy get a nicer spot in Bountiful.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:05 PM

We can afford $1200/m, but would like $1000 so we can purchase a house in the next 9-12 months. We also have pets so need somewhere that is dog friendly.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:17 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,218,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashar View Post
Hi! I am moving to SLC in October from Montana d/t a new job. Although I have been there a few times, for interviews with my job, I am not really familiar with it at all. I am looking for a family friendly apt complex in a GOOD neighborhood, with good schools (commute does not bother me). Any rec would be great!!! I have 3 kids under 6yrs so a good neighborhood is a must! I am moving there sight unseen so need some help in this area. Thank you!!!
South Jordan Utah Apartments - HOME - Crossing At Daybreak

There are also Condos in your price range in Daybreak.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
South Jordan Utah Apartments - HOME - Crossing At Daybreak

There are also Condos in your price range in Daybreak.
I probably should have specified I need a 3 bedroom. I don't think I can afford the $1500 for the 3 bedroom there

Old 09-28-2011, 07:06 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,976,691 times
Where will you be working? How long of a commute would you prefer to keep? Do you want an apartment, or would a house rental work?

Old 09-28-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
Where will you be working? How long of a commute would you prefer to keep? Do you want an apartment, or would a house rental work?
I will be working at 952 E 900 S. I would rather live in an affordable, good neighborhood, and good for kids- so a commute does not bother me. 30min would even be ok. We want to buy a house in about 9m so an apartment or a house rental would be fine. I do have 2 dogs, so the place has to be pet friendly.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:21 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,976,691 times
I would try the Foxboro neighborhood in North Salt Lake off of Redwood Road. Drive around and see what you think. You are bound to find some for rent signs in that neighborhood. It is pretty family friendly with a couple of elementary schools and lots of pocket parks.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:21 PM

That's a great neighborhood, but not a white picket fence neighborhood. I would have loved to grow up around 9th and 9th but it's not in an apartment. I'd probably say North Salt Lake is a good spot for you to come sight unseen. There are a lot of townhouses around there.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
I would try the Foxboro neighborhood in North Salt Lake off of Redwood Road. Drive around and see what you think. You are bound to find some for rent signs in that neighborhood. It is pretty family friendly with a couple of elementary schools and lots of pocket parks.
Do you mean North side of Salt Lake City or North Salt Lake? Redwood has a bit of a... uh.... south of the border flair in Salt Lake City itself, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area