Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 03:35 PM

4 posts, read 4,953 times

Advertisements

I am considering relocating to the Salt Lake City area but was considering Clearfield because it is a little smaller, if anybody can give me any information about that area(or about some other towns in the area that are smaller). Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 09:11 PM

534 posts, read 1,533,884 times
I don't know about Clearfield, but my daughter lives a bit south of there in Farmington and she loves it. She is near FrontRunner rail line to take into SLC. Wide open spaces. Shopping. Bike trails. Not the crowded city. Not much nightlife but she doesn't like that anyways (she's a country kid). Lots of newer apartments they found that they loved in Clearfield, Layton, and Farmington. Much nicer and priced better than in the SLC valley.

Best wishes.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:12 AM

Thank you. That sounds like what I'm looking for, figure I can always go to SLC if I want to do something there, but would rather live in a quieter area.

Old 09-24-2016, 01:49 PM

53 posts, read 55,014 times
Clearfield is very suburban and is very heavily influenced by the air force base that is near by. I lived there for a year and didn't like it much, but depending on what you're looking for it might work for you. If you have any specific questions I should be able to help. I also committed to SLC from Clearfield for a few months and that wasn't much fun.

Farmington is really nice, if that is what you're looking for. Big homes but kind of a farm feeling still. Right near Lagoon, the amusement and water park.

I've lived all over the Valley so if you could expound on what kind of quiet you are looking for, I could steer you in the right direction.

Are you looking for family oriented? rural? sunburban? hipstery? ethnically diverse? small town feel? historic?

Price range and commute info would help a bit and we could get it narrowed down for you.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:24 PM

I am looking for someplace relatively quiet, and not too expensive and that has jobs available that aren't too far of a drive until I learn the area and know my way around. I have lived in Buffalo NY for the last several years and would like something smaller but not so small that everybody knows what you're doing all the time. I don't have any kids in school anymore so that is not a concern. I would like to find a small house for rent that allows dogs, I have a border collie, preferably with a fenced yard. I'm not overly concerned with nightlife, figure I can go to SLC if I do want to go out.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:00 PM

30 posts, read 42,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spabst3 View Post
I am looking for someplace relatively quiet, and not too expensive and that has jobs available that aren't too far of a drive until I learn the area and know my way around. I have lived in Buffalo NY for the last several years and would like something smaller but not so small that everybody knows what you're doing all the time. I don't have any kids in school anymore so that is not a concern. I would like to find a small house for rent that allows dogs, I have a border collie, preferably with a fenced yard. I'm not overly concerned with nightlife, figure I can go to SLC if I do want to go out.
We live in Centerville which is just 3 miles south of Farmington (towards SLC) and although we have not been to clearfield (I just drive through it when I go up to Ogden for work occasionally) we do like Farmington a lot. Although it can be VERY busy and TONS of kids on weekends at Station Park which is the area with really good shopping so it depends on what your looking for. Being in Centerville it only takes me 12-15 min to get to downtown SLC which I do almost every day and it isn't bad at all. You may like Bountiful, Farmington, and Layton also if your looking in that area.

Old 09-25-2016, 06:42 PM

534 posts, read 1,533,884 times
Commuting distance - too far of a drive - is a relative term. My kid is from California, and 40 miles one-way is pretty average here, to be able to live in the country or the suburbs. So for her, in Farmington, being able to take transit to college and occasionally drive in is no big deal. For someone else, they might find that too far. Farmington to SLC proper is 16.6 miles per Google Maps.

There is a very nice newer apartment complex in Farmington that is very dog-friendly. They have a border collie, too! <3

Best wishes!

Old 09-25-2016, 08:25 PM

53 posts, read 55,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spabst3 View Post
You can find these things all over the valley and in SLC proper. You don't have to go all the way to Farmington for that. That being said Farmington is great. Bountiful is also great. There are many other places that fit that description so you have a lot to choose from.

Old 10-08-2016, 12:39 PM

15 posts, read 19,989 times
Clearfield is an industrial working town near factories and a large military base. Salt Lake is a 360 degree experience from Clearfield, despite being only half an hour from it.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:01 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,976,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkiss View Post
Clearfield is an industrial working town near factories and a large military base. Salt Lake is a 360 degree experience from Clearfield, despite being only half an hour from it.
360 degrees...? That puts you right back at Salt Lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area