Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2010, 07:14 PM

2 posts, read 11,591 times

Advertisements

We are planning to move to San Antonio from New Orleans within the next month. We were orignally looking at Stone Oak, but now feel that the Braun area looks better for our needs (and hopefully less traffic).

I am currently looking at a house in the Wildhorse subdivision. Could anyone provide feedback on this part of town and this subdivision.
Also, does anyone know if Krueger Elementary is capped for 4th grade?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 07:51 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,750 times
its a nice and fancy area, my uncle lives around there. the traffic is horrible! but once you get used to the area, you'll find some alternative routes to avoid the traffic. sorry I cant help you with the school info.

Good luck/ Welcome to SA!

Old 07-06-2010, 08:39 AM

1 posts, read 5,794 times
Wildhorse is a beautiful community. The builder was DR Horton and they built four different product lines in Wildhorse. My advice to you is although Horton is a good builder alot of these homes were built in late 2005 through 2006. During this period there was a shortage on both material and labor. Many of the homes took longer to build. The longer a home sits the greater the opprotunity that the pieces don't fit as well together. Hire a good home inspector, remember you get what you pay for.

In regards to the school, unfortunately you have to wait until the school,s office reopens at the end of July (believe the 28th) to find out.

Moderator cut: see comment

Good luck and welcome to Texas!!

Last edited by Bo; 07-06-2010 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: Per the TOS, RE agents may not solicit business in their posts. Share your knowledge of the area and get leads naturally.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:27 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times
Wildhorse is nice, but keep in mind that it is huge (~2K homes, if I am not mistaken) and some parts are much nicer than others!

The general rule of thumb is the closer you are to Braun Road the better.

As for Krueger, they added portables the second year the school was open; so if I had to guess I would say they are/will be capped. There is a link to the NISD Capped School & Cluster Information web site (http://www.nisd.net/pdf/schools/2009ctc_e.pdf - broken link) on Krueger's page, but it's for last year (2009-2010).

Cheers! M2

Old 07-06-2010, 01:36 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,153,927 times
I have friends that live in Wildhorse and I have to agree with majormadmax...closer to Braun is better, according to them.

The high school boundaries change between the streets of Buckskin Bend and Geneva Moon....north of this is O'Connor HS...south is Taft HS...not sure if any other schools change midway through the neighborhood but it's something to think about while house hunting. Both are good high schools but my friends are happy to be in the O'Connor side now since the neighborhood used to all be in the Taft zone about a year ago.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:36 PM

2 posts, read 11,591 times
thanks everyone. I am currently looking at two houses in Wildhorse, and they are both on the O'Connor side, so that's good to know. I've read that traffic is bad in that area, but I can't imagine it's as bad as Stone Oak. Any comments on the CAMINO BANDERA subdivision and Wanke Elementary?

Old 07-07-2010, 10:33 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,587 times
I live in Wildhorse and absolutely love it. 99.9% percent of people keep up with their lawns...houses are big and nice....2 pools......nice basketball courts and playground area. Traffic though is horrific

Old 07-07-2010, 11:42 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times
The biggest problem concerning traffic in Wildhorse is that some residents don't realize that the speed limit on the "Parkway" (all of it) is 30 MPH! Too often I see people doing 45+ MPH as they get within a few blocks of the entrance. Same goes for those coming into the neighborhood, which is compounded by the fact that it is downhill as you turn from Braun.

I find that most of the violators live deeper into the community, and do most of their speeding the farther they get away from their own house. I am sure they'd be quite upset if anyone drove down their street at the speeds they drive up near the entrance!

Oh, and the area around Krueger is a mess during the school year; and it gets worse if it's raining! People parking on both sides of the parkway, and running blindly across the street instead of using the designated crosswalks. Add in all the busses and it's total confusion, there have been numerous incidents and often the NISD Police sit out there to keep a handle on things.

Lastly, I am not overly impressed with the HOA. They seem to have slacked off in the past year or so in enforcing the restrictions. Unkept lawns, commercial vehicles being parked overnight on the streets, poor landscaping (dead trees not being removed or replaced), and other violations that go unanswered. I guess during the economic downturn and housing crisis they were more worried about collecting HOA fees than actually doing their job!

Old 09-22-2010, 06:03 PM

2 posts, read 6,494 times
Thumbs up Camino Bandera answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by graniergang View Post
thanks everyone. I am currently looking at two houses in Wildhorse, and they are both on the O'Connor side, so that's good to know. I've read that traffic is bad in that area, but I can't imagine it's as bad as Stone Oak. Any comments on the CAMINO BANDERA subdivision and Wanke Elementary?

I've lived in Camino Bandera for over 4 years. Great neighborhood and even better neighbors. They really look out for each other and there are lots of activities if you want to be bothered but no one gives you a hard time if you don't.

Good quality houses built in the early 90's and a lot of the neighbors are original owners. Nice mix of singles, retirees and families in well kept homes within walking distance wot Wanke Elementary.

Good luck in your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio