Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 06:16 PM

4,330 posts, read 7,237,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
Now WOAI is going to start a 6:30 PM newscast.
Jeanne Jakle: KMYS to nab youth market as new CW affiliate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
I like this move. Sometimes I'm late turning on the 6:00 news and miss the news segments. I'd rather watch more local news at 6:30 than choose between two entertainment news shows and Wheel of Fortune.
Personally, a 6:30 PM newscast is something I'm much more likely to watch than a 4:00 PM newscast.

Several years ago, when local station KPXL was a PAX network affiliate, I think the station was owned for a period of time by the same broadcasting company that also owned WOAI-TV. WOAI would rebroadcast their 6:00 PM newscast at 6:30 PM on KPXL. That came in handy on days I would come home late, and wanted to catch up on the local news events of the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 09:30 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,885 times
So, KSAT is going to start their own 4PM newscast (KSAT 12 News Announces Big News Expansion | Facebook) and they are also going to expand the "Nightbeat" to a full hour.

My take: KSAT is very worried KENS is going to top them at 5 and 6pm and become the Ratings King in Nov 2011 since they will be without Oprah to lead them in, so KSAT is preparing by trying a "gimmick" that may fail miserably or sorta' fail or kinda' work.

Regardless, I don't think it will bring in the ratings Oprah did even though I got tired of her ethnocentric, rich/famous touting lifestyles of well-to-do mundane celebrities and pseudo-spirituality segments. The hour-long Nightbeat is just a way to bring in more advertising mOoooo-lah (money) to the station since they usually do fairly well at that timeslot.

I think KSAT is worried; and plus some of their anchor team *cough, Greg Simmons, cough* are making six-figure incomes so someone's gotta give corporate the most bang for the buck, well, at least that's what corporate thinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio