Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 09:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,295 times

Advertisements

I know they were probably caught off guard but if I were his wife I would have grabbed whatever I could find and hit him on the head with it. I would not be able to just sit there and watch someone I love get killed. I'm just sick and tired of all the bullies out there that think they own the streets, robbing and killing people for no reason at all. They will get what they deserve.

Last edited by yve33; 08-04-2010 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 05:53 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
What's really tragic here are the drivers of San Antonio...... I swear most of them get their licenses from candy boxes. Reminds me of New York City, gee if I drive at 80, zipping in and out of lanes I can get to wherever I'm going 8 seconds faster.......

Why doesn't one of the TV stations here do a special on just that, driving at different speeds and show people time-wise-to-destination it really doesn't matter that much???????

Now If one were driving from lets say SA to Houston/Dallas it could mean a few minutes difference..

And I want everyone to know I am against people who drive the EXACT speed limit no matter what the road conditions.... talk about road rage.. now repeat after me:

"THE RIGHT LANE IS FOR SLOWER TRAFFIC, THE LEFT LANE IS FOR FASTER TRAFFIC"

Old 08-05-2010, 03:37 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
What's really tragic here are the drivers of San Antonio...... I swear most of them get their licenses from candy boxes. Reminds me of New York City, gee if I drive at 80, zipping in and out of lanes I can get to wherever I'm going 8 seconds faster.......

Why doesn't one of the TV stations here do a special on just that, driving at different speeds and show people time-wise-to-destination it really doesn't matter that much???????

Now If one were driving from lets say SA to Houston/Dallas it could mean a few minutes difference..

And I want everyone to know I am against people who drive the EXACT speed limit no matter what the road conditions.... talk about road rage.. now repeat after me:

"THE RIGHT LANE IS FOR SLOWER TRAFFIC, THE LEFT LANE IS FOR FASTER TRAFFIC"
Excellent Idea, I will get my camera, and we'll meet somewhere on 410 and you can do the broadcast then we'll upload the video on youtube and the rest will fall in place I can just see the "changes" happening... but I can also see the thousands of people not giving a rat's glute.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:44 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
Sapphire: anyway reported richardson is still a murderer at the end of the day. Eva Ruth Moravec always adds a little something to her stories. I guess its a strategy since almost nobody cares for the News paper anymore.... to me its just something to whack my dog in the head with when he misbehavesLOL but I could be wrong just my .02 cents
I completely agree....he's a worthless POS. I just thought there were some pretty significant factual differences in the stories...no big deal, because the bottom line is that poor guy is dead. I cried when I read the mysa.com story this morning. It was his habit to stop and pick flowers for his wife. That's all he did wrong that fateful day. They seemed like a nice couple that loved each other deeply and he will never be replaced in her life. I hope that snotscum NEVER sees another day of freedom. Such a waste of life, and a 3month old is minus a daddy. A daddy who really loved his mom. That right there is a huge loss--for the family AND for society.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:09 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times
In tonight's news...

Quote:
Wife stands by accused road rage killer

Stephen Richardson's temper had gotten him in trouble before, his wife said.

There were occasional fights, verbal skirmishes, lost jobs and arrests — including one for hitting her.

On Sunday, Stephen Richardson's temper allegedly cost another man his life and could cost him his freedom. Richardson, 44, remains jailed on a murder charge for the beating death of Juan Duran, 30, accused of following Duran's vehicle into a parking lot, punching him several times, then slamming his head onto the asphalt. His bail is set at $150,000.

“I will never know what possessed my husband,” Anita Richardson said. “We were having a good day. We were going to get something to eat, go home and watch TV.”

Full story

Old 08-05-2010, 08:11 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,712,930 times
Default "Intense Physical Labour......."

Personally, seeing as how there will ALWAYS be more litterbugs than Trash Collectors worldwide: for years I have always opined that instead of keeping them locked-up, the jailed and the imprisoned should be summarily put to daily picking-up litter and trash *6* days out of the week for the whole of their terms till said time is over.

Seriously. "Paying Back".....

{as everyone knows, there is NO shortage of trash and litter everywhere befouling the earth}

*I* myself {like many others} have had many jobs for years where I alone was picking-up what at times seemed like a million pieces of trash each day.....for days on end.....oh, it could certainly be quite a painful and miserable thing to do.....and yet, I still somehow found some validation in it as well eventually.....

But oh, man.....sometimes I was just so physically-tired; hurtin' so bad, that I might literally just turn the key to enter my home, then I would maybe willingly collapse onto the floor just to rest for maybe a mere 10 minutes.....only to wake-up maybe at 5 or 6 in the morning {still in my sweaty, smelly, dirty, disgusting uniform}, to also find the keys still in the doorknob of the door which itself was maybe still ajar.....

Embarrassing.....{it only happened maybe 3 times, though; passing-out like that from sheer exhaustion}

And so of course, experience has shown that perhaps maybe a couple of days {couple meaning 2} of rest would ideally be best for the coming Monday, *1* day would certainly tetheringly-keep one resting, massaging, stretching, and recuperating nonstop ALL DAY AT HOME on that one day off as The Main Priority.....hence keeping and discouraging one away from trouble {well, hopefully} should one even think of engaging in some sort of mischief.....or crime, I daresay.....

"Hard Work Is Very Humbling." -Prof. Eugen Joseph Weber; 'The Western Tradition'

Old 08-05-2010, 08:42 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,100 times
I Completely Agree with you Rod Lu, sometimes These parasites and sociopaths should be doing that instead of chilling inside with the AC in full blast, or playing basketball, working out. They should be cleaning public restrooms, while a guard armed with a .50 cal barret just in case some one tries to take a chance.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:47 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,046,678 times
Excellent! At least that would contribute to the cleaning up of this city. It is filthy, in places. Nice post, RodLu.

For what we will pay to house the anti-Societal types, something should be given back to us. Especially when they kill a person. No amount of refuse pick up will ever be equal to what this guy did.

I'm not sure exactly why, but when I first saw this story, it touched me more than the usual murder stuff we see in our news.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:24 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,026,883 times
that is so sad, I wish they would just torture that guy and give him a slow paniful death.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:53 AM

693 posts, read 1,502,281 times
Quote:
Anita Richardson said they weren't following Duran for any purpose other than that it was their route home, but that Duran leaned out of the car and made a gesture at her husband, which could have been why he followed him into the parking lot.

She said she didn't see what happened. He was out of the car for “about five minutes” and when he got back in, he told his wife the man had a knife and he had to defend himself.
How did she not see what was happening? She saw her husband get out of the car and then what. She just sits in the car for 5 mins. doing nothing. She had to of known they were going in the parking lot because her husband was mad at the guy. Why else would they go in the parking lot if they were driving home?

Quote:
His first assault arrest was in 2006 when he hit his wife in the neck and jaw and sent her to the hospital.

In a sworn application for a protective order following that incident, Anita Richardson attested that he hit her repeatedly and was abusive throughout their relationship.

Now, she denies the entire contents of that document, saying he only hit her that one time in 2006. In a request to drop the assault charge against him, Anita Richardson wrote he was a loving and caring husband.
Anita is so blinded by love that she would believe anything her husband said. She's got some major problems for staying with him after hit her so bad she had to go to the hospital. *I know it is hard for some women to leave their husbands. Some will believe their man has changed or they have no where else to go.* How are you going to deny the whole innocent of you getting abused? Then stick up for your man like he did nothing wrong. Hello your husband killed an innocent man. All you're going to say is you didn't see what happened.

I hope she doesn't get enough bail money which she probably won't. Also, I hope her husband rots in prison for life.

Last edited by txmusicgal; 08-06-2010 at 03:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio