Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2010, 05:13 PM

464 posts, read 803,843 times

Advertisements

I currently have HomeTeam and I believe they're quite expensive ($160 each quarter which includes checking their "termite bait" but they do not treat the yard. A few days ago a sales rep from White Knight came by and gave me their sales pitch; they seem cheaper and do more for the money.

Also the sales rep claims that the HomeTeam "tubes in the wall", through which they inject the pest control chemicals, degrade with time and eventually develop leaks causing damage.

Does anyone currently use White Knight and if so, are you satisfied? I'm looking to save a few dollars but don't want to compromise on quality.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 09:32 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,398 times
This afternoon after several Inspections for Termites which were only found in our cedar fence (I knew they were attacking the fence) we had our home treated. We felt very very comfortable with EarlyBird Pest Control. The Technician was here from 2:30pm until 6:00pm . He applied foam at all the house plumbing drains and dug a trench around the house applying approx 84 gallons of a Termite Killing Chemical into the soil both by drenching the trench and applying it through a tube / prod . The front and backyard and around the doors and windows were sprayed for pests, the trees were sprayed at the base(s) for Carpenter Ants, and the Attic was dusted. To the best of my knowledge we paid approx. $570.00 (My Wife has put up all the paperwork) . One of the reasons for the low cost is that we will have the house sprayed for pests each quarter. That cost is 26.00 per month. The annual Termite Inspection is $95.00 . Everything such as State Rules / Regulations, Treatment Options, etc. were explained at the Free Inspection and again today.

10 1/2 years ago we had a very nice Centex home built and the "tubes" were an option that we selected to pass on. All three companies did not speak highly of them and as far as Termite Treatment we were told they were pretty much useless.( They had nothing to gain by telling us that since we don't have the tubes) Termites live in the soil and although they enter your home they will still go back to the colony in the soil.

Only one company pushed the Monitors which would be placed every 10 to 15' around the house. They would be checked every other month and if the Pine Wood had signs of Termites that area and only that area would be treated. I have learned they are a money maker for the Pest Control Company who in this case was ABC Pest Control.

I would contact EarlyBird Pest Control and Apple Pest Control. These two Companies were on the up and up and did not attempt to push anything we didn't need.

*If you call EarlyBird ask for Robyn and tell her the Fellow from SAWS suggested they visit you for a free inspection. I too want you to feel good and know that you are being treated fairly.

Last edited by wellguy; 08-04-2010 at 09:50 PM..

Old 03-22-2011, 01:21 PM

1 posts, read 7,136 times
The "Taexx Tubes" system does NOT treat for termites. It's intended purpose is to treat insects inside the exterior walls of your home, and around the plumbing in kitchen and baths on the first floor. I'm not sure how on earth you're getting charged $160 per quarter! The only way that's possible, is if you live in a 7,000+ square foot home! Most homes with the "Taexx Tubes" system are roughly 2,500 to 4,500 square feet, and pricing is anywhere from $90 to $110 a quarter. The tubes themselves are plastic and do not break down over time, and come with a lifetime warranty -- for as long as the home is standing.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:52 PM

26 posts, read 65,965 times
We have White Knight, have for almost a year now, they treat the entire house and the attic, granule the yard too - for $70 every 3 months. The only issue I had with them is that they left a voicemail then showed up the next day when we were at work and sprayed the front yard, we lock our gate. So I had to call them back out, basically just let them know exactly what you want, They're pretty helpful and good service for the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio