Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 10:27 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,745,931 times

Advertisements

Got an email from KB home this past week stating that the roads were in and the model homes were under construction in their new neighborhood - The Woods of Alon. Drove by there this morning and the entrance is paved but can't see the model homes from Northwest Military. I can't wait to see what they do with this master planned community including the HEB and other retail spots. Could be very very nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 09:45 PM

We made the plunge...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...-mountain.html

FYI - there are new models going into the Quarry beginning next year. They have a new model home under construction now. It is the new high end product that will also be offered in The Woods Of Alon. They are going to feature this in both communities. It will be the low end in the Quarry but the high end in the Woods of Alon. The model they are building looks very nice. Still in the $250K - $350K range. Those that are interested should check it out. The Quarry still has some of the nicest tract homes in the city with large quarter acre lots and standard four sides massonry on all homes.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:22 AM

KB has posted new information about The Woods of Alon - man are those prices high!!! I can't wait to see the prices and specs on the Empire Collection as they will also be featured in the Quarry where I am currently building. Here is the link to their new homes. I guess this goes back to location, location, location. KB is the last builder in this part of town. And their new product is very very nice. This neighborhood is going to cost more than I thought it would but should be very nice.

KB Home Community - Woods of Alon - San Antonio, TX (http://www.kbhome.com/Community.aspx?CommID=00865170 - broken link)

Old 01-24-2008, 11:53 AM

30 posts, read 107,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banker View Post
KB has posted new information about The Woods of Alon - man are those prices high!!! I can't wait to see the prices and specs on the Empire Collection as they will also be featured in the Quarry where I am currently building. Here is the link to their new homes. I guess this goes back to location, location, location. KB is the last builder in this part of town. And their new product is very very nice. This neighborhood is going to cost more than I thought it would but should be very nice.

KB Home Community - Woods of Alon - San Antonio, TX (http://www.kbhome.com/Community.aspx?CommID=00865170 - broken link)
Where are you seeing prices?

Old 01-24-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jams33 View Post
Where are you seeing prices?
They were up yesterday as a test and pulled down. I had my pre-construction meeting at the Quarry yesterday and spoke to Ruth about the Woods of Alon and she told me that all prices, plans and specs would be up tomorrow (Friday). She also said that they new Quarry product would be available on February 2nd. So if you want to build one of the Estate or Liberty houses in the Quarry you will need to act fast!

By the way - the Woods of Alon pricing will start at $299K and go up from there. So right now the Quarry is cheaper.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:57 PM

30 posts, read 107,311 times
Yea, we decided against Alon just because when you compare the two, the Quarry stands out. Bigger lots, wider homes and, in my opinion, nicer exteriors. Alon will be nice for someone who desires to live that far into the city. We really struggled with the decision. It came down to location, traffic, ease of access and the overall product. We are very excited to be going in the Quarry, but I'm sure Alon will be a great place to live as well.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jams33 View Post
Yea, we decided against Alon just because when you compare the two, the Quarry stands out. Bigger lots, wider homes and, in my opinion, nicer exteriors. Alon will be nice for someone who desires to live that far into the city. We really struggled with the decision. It came down to location, traffic, ease of access and the overall product. We are very excited to be going in the Quarry, but I'm sure Alon will be a great place to live as well.
Agreed. Alon is much more expensive also...you really pay to be in Castle Hills. In my opinion - the homes in the Quarry are much nicer over all.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:56 AM

1 posts, read 4,589 times
Talking Voelker Park/Alon

It will be wonderful to have such nice amenities within walking distance!

Old 07-19-2008, 08:08 AM

554 posts, read 2,307,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banker View Post
Agreed. Alon is much more expensive also...you really pay to be in Castle Hills. In my opinion - the homes in the Quarry are much nicer over all.
Alon isn't in Castle Hills. CH doesn't start until after the intersection of NW Military & Lockhill Selma.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRose View Post
Alon isn't in Castle Hills. CH doesn't start until after the intersection of NW Military & Lockhill Selma.
That may be...but it is so close to Castle Hills that it basically in the neighborhood. Honestly I didn't know that know that CH didn't extend out that far.

On a related note - did you hear that KB sold a portion of the land originally intended for The Woods of Alon. They sold the tract that was between the existing neighborhood (Woods of Alon) and the apartment complex just to the south. The tract will be developed as a high end assisted living community with muli-family and single family "cottages". This will be a great addition to the area and a great buffer between The Woods of Alon and the Apartments to the south. The new HEB shopping center will be a big win for that part of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio