Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 08:16 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,878,067 times

Advertisements

Marriages like that are not meant to last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 08:23 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Marriages like that are not meant to last.
Really? That's incredibly judgemental of you, not knowing a thing about them personally. Two people, no matter WHO they are, can be perfect for each other if they put in the time and effort to make it work. Yes, over half of all new straight marriages end up in divorce, but that's no reason to think that a traditionally-thought 'lifetime' marriage isn't still very possible.

Reserve true judgment until they actually divorce and the details surface. For now, it's mere speculation (and Miss Cleo still says it's not going to happen. I trust Cleo).

BN

Old 11-17-2010, 08:29 AM

Just going by popular opinion which in this case usually proves true. There are also a plethora of reasons why such marriages do not last. I mean take a look at their body language in many of their photos. In either case the odds are against them.

Quote:
A Hollywood marriage originally meant a glamorous high society marriage between Hollywood celebrities; however, the term has grown to also have strong connotations of a marriage that is of short duration and quickly ends in separation or divorce,
Hollywood marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-17-2010, 08:34 AM

I love OK and Hello! magazines. Now US Weekly and People magazine are confirming the rumors as true. I will take their word over Miss Cleo's since these magazines are less about rumor and more about dish.

News - Eva Longoria Parker Splits From Husband Tony Parker - Healthy Lifestyle - UsMagazine.com

Eva Longoria Plans to File for Divorce Soon, Source Says - Nasty Breakups and Divorces, Eva Longoria Parker, Tony Parker : People.com

Old 11-17-2010, 08:35 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Quote:
I mean take a look at their body language in many of their photos.
I was looking at some of their photos on mysa.com. She seems more into him that he does. Of course, he may be someone who is less openly affectionate in public.
Hopefully we will find out soon whether the reports in the media have any truth to them.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:39 AM

It is something I always look for. They also come from different cultures, the French are more laissez-faire when it comes to love, romance, and even affairs. Our native South Texan culture, not so.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:52 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,048,207 times
Quote:
It is something I always look for. They also come from different cultures, the French are more laissez-faire when it comes to love, romance, and even affairs. Our native South Texan culture, not so.
Tell that to Pepe Le Pew!

Old 11-17-2010, 08:59 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
Tony Parker is not a "Hollywood celebrity," he's a basketball player.

I don't follow the couple, but whenever I occasionally see them on TV they look happy enough; or at least as happy as two people in completely different careers can be. Of course there has been the usual tabloid accusations of affairs, but that's common for any high visibility celebrity/sports star/etc.

Either way, it's not the end of the world if they do divorce. All most people want of him is to put a ball through a hoop, and her to act. Outside of that, I honestly don't care what they do with their lives...

By the way, is this really a San Antonio issue? Or should this thread be merged with the one already going in the 'Celebrities' section of the forum...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/celeb...-longoria.html

Cheers! M2

Old 11-17-2010, 09:25 AM

This is older news:

Quote:
Two clerks at the Bexar County Courthouse in Texas told TMZ the case was filed and sealed by a family law judge, but Eva's rep says Tony did not file.
Kind of exciting that the scoop is local!!!

Also this:

Quote:
Tony Parker and Eva Longoria: Officially Hollywood's Cutest Couple
Tony Parker Gossip - The Hollywood Gossip

Not for long I guess...

Old 11-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Bo Bo started this thread Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
By the way, is this really a San Antonio issue? Or should this thread be merged with the one already going in the 'Celebrities' section of the forum...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/celeb...-longoria.html

Cheers! M2
They both live in San Antonio, for at least part of the year. One of them works in San Antonio. The "story" originated from the Bexar County courthouse. It's on-topic here, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio