Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 05:23 AM

78 posts, read 150,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
Reagan is a newer school that was built in a rapidly-growing affluent area. Alamo Heights is a much older school, located in an older land-locked inner city area, where there is virtually no land remaining for additional residential development. Really no potential for additional schools in AHISD.
Thank you ged, someone here reasonable...yes, unless overrated regan over a very extended course of time in the future bash AH skull into the concrete metaphorically speaking, in athletics, education, band, cheerleading, dance/drill team, UIL academic meets, etc, year-in and year-out, then they can be considered "better"...AH has the established culture, history, and tradition and is continuing it which is why you should know I think is better..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 05:42 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,471,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
Reagan is a newer school that was built in a rapidly-growing affluent area. Alamo Heights is a much older school, located in an older land-locked inner city area, where there is virtually no land remaining for additional residential development. Really no potential for additional schools in AHISD.
You missed the point of my argument. My point is that Reagan grew rapidly for a reason. As most San Antonians should know, one of the major reasons why parents moved up there was for the school and they even got upset when a cap was put in place and when the student body had to be split with Johnson. My point was not that Alamo Heights is not growing; I know there is no room for growth. My point was not a negative reflection on AH, it was only a positive reflection on Reagan's reputation.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggletooth1977 View Post
Thank you ged, someone here reasonable...yes, unless overrated regan over a very extended course of time in the future bash AH skull into the concrete metaphorically speaking, in athletics, education, band, cheerleading, dance/drill team, UIL academic meets, etc, year-in and year-out, then they can be considered "better"...AH has the established culture, history, and tradition and is continuing it which is why you should know I think is better..
Are you using a cell phone to type?

Old 02-18-2011, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
Are you using a cell phone to type?
LOL are you diverting attention again like a spoiled little boy

Old 02-18-2011, 05:50 AM

Quote:
of course, again throughout my posts, I claim that factors count but not one factor is everything...so I don't remember saying "it doesn't matter"

however, it is within this piece of philosophical BS quote that was written, that at times such as this circumstance that you yourself write about in the above quote that test scores in this context don't necessarily mean ****, and just to be nice for instances such as your SAT experiences also; test score matters count very much in professional tests very much and also counts for something to a certain extent for the purposes of college entry, whether or not you may think it's an inaccurate exam, in the big picture scheme, deal with it...for that I should have clarified for you. but of course let's just say despotically for everything that "it doesn't matter"
The longer this goes on, the less sense you make. I know it's hard to avoid typos when you're using a cell phone if that's the case. If you try proofreading your posts, maybe I can better understand you.

By the way, my SAT scores were over 100 points above average, so they were good enough to get me into a decent college; not the colleges of my choice, but good enough.

You are still avoiding my questions, so this argument is pointless. You can't give me any definitive reason(s) why AH is the best high school in town or better than Reagan. You've never worked at AH and you haven't even given anecdotal evidence from someone you know. You have absolutely no idea that if you worked at AH, you would find faults that would go against its reputation like you are claiming happened at Reagan.

Did you say you were a teacher or were you just staff?

I'm not avoiding attention, it's just that your writing is so poor. I didn't want to automatically put the blame on you. It's hard to take someone seriously when they're talking about education while writing poorly.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:
this is unnecessary, I never said it was better, at least initially I just suggested to OP to seek the likes of an Alamo Heights, instead of say an overrated regan where there could be a potential unwarranted conflict that could arise with administrators should that be the destination the OP ended up, as I 've seen first hand that I know that this is how these bozo administration at overrated regan operate if they feel necessary. Does AH have same type administrators, maybe, maybe not...I just see regan metaphorically as the little brother trying to out-do big brother(AH and it's historical reputation), trying to measure up, trying to prove something...maybe you don't see it this way...same way as in DFW area some good competitive nearby schools want to try and be like the Planos, Highland Parks, SL Carrolls, etc...you can disagree with this if you feel, but this is my opinion...so fine, I can yield to you that I have a grudge against regan, but for good cause...cheers.
Sorry, I missed this post.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:59 AM

no , but so what, are you going to file a lawsuit against me that I'm not giving you exactly what you want to hear? Did I say AH was the best in town especially, or is this just some sort of consolation for you since I stuck it to you in content (whether it was about SAT tests, judging schools through many factors, deciding that where things are supposedly serious is not always absolute), pretty much every other way....

Does everything have to be your way? but fine, if I have first hand accounts of what would happen to me at AH youll be the first to know it.

I'm not trying to criticize your SAT scores, but just saying probably not reflective of what you can really do...but it doesn't mean that the SAT is garbage or meaningless , or inaccurate for other takers..I felt very strongly that it had me in the std. deviation category that's just about right on for me, though if I retook the test shortly therafter, the next scores could definitely be lower...which could be a flaw of the test, maybe or maybe not...which is why I posted my thoughts on having a "perfect exam" many posts ago...

Old 02-18-2011, 06:02 AM

Quote:
no , but so what, are you going to file a lawsuit against me that I'm not giving you exactly what you want to hear? Did I say AH was the best in town especially, or is this just some sort of consolation for you since I stuck it to you in content (whether it was about SAT tests, judging schools through many factors, deciding that where things are supposedly serious is not always absolute), pretty much every other way....

Does everything have to be your way? but fine, if I have first hand accounts of what would happen to me at AH youll be the first to know it.

I'm not trying to criticize your SAT scores, but just saying probably not reflective of what you can really do...but it doesn't mean that the SAT is garbage or meaningless , or inaccurate for other takers..I felt very strongly that it had me in the std. deviation category that's just about right on for me
When the SAT scores are only accurate for 1/4 of the test takers (which has been proven), it is meaningless. That's not even accurate; that's just chance.

I'll let you think you stuck it to me. LOL.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:05 AM

not necessary, anyone who comes across this thing will see the evidence anyway so no need for you to lay down but thanks though...yeah and you can keep interacting with others that have actual accounts of the schools, which shows me practically nothing

Old 02-18-2011, 06:08 AM

What? Isn't your account just an account? I don't even know what you prefer. Do you prefer accounts or actual evidence? Are you complaining about both?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio