Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 01:23 PM

3 posts, read 3,690 times

Advertisements

We are moving out there in a few weeks. We have Verizon now but have heard Sprint comes in better in most places. Is this true or does anyone have any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 01:58 PM

427 posts, read 1,174,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner570 View Post
We are moving out there in a few weeks. We have Verizon now but have heard Sprint comes in better in most places. Is this true or does anyone have any thoughts?
I don't have Verizon but have relatives who do and they don't seem to have any signal problems in SA.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:11 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,542,251 times
lots of people have verizon that I know and they are happy. We have Sprint and have not had any problems with signal. My only issue with Sprint is I have been calling every month since March about the discount I am supposed to receive for being a school district employee. For seem reason they can't seem to get that right.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:19 PM

420 posts, read 1,155,881 times
Sprint and Verizon seem to work fine here. My friends that have ATT cant keep a call to save their lives. Onl the upside sprint just got a shell approved to make ipod touches into sprint phones.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:02 PM

229 posts, read 672,677 times
I had Sprint and had problems getting reception at my house and at my wife's place of work. Other than that I was a satisfied customer of theirs for about 10 years. Because of these issues though, I had to change and decided to go with ATT. After 7 months with them I still haven't had a problem.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:12 PM

218 posts, read 501,679 times
I had AT&T for years and had great service everywhere. I left because they would not give me any discount for a new phone after my old phone broke (7 years with them and no contract). I left and went to T-Mobile. I have reception problems everywhere and have issues a lot. My in-laws have the same problem with them right now.

Sprint has the worst customer service of them all.

It's also very dependent on where you live. I have spots near me (northwest) that are dead zones and there is zero reception on T-Mobile. Make sure you use your grace period and try the phone in all the locations you will be mainly using it.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:22 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,408,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
My only issue with Sprint is I have been calling every month since March about the discount I am supposed to receive for being a school district employee.
Really? School district employees get discounts? Never heard of this before.

What kind of discount is this called and how much of a discount do you get (if you don't mind me asking)?

Old 07-30-2010, 09:11 PM

229 posts, read 672,677 times
ATT has that also, my wife is a teacher and has gotten the discount with both companies, i want to say it's 5% but I might be mistaken.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:34 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,624,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner570 View Post
switch to pocket. cricket is a joke. pockets offering nationwide coverage now on their 40/month plan. this is unlimited EVERYTHING. they also piggyback off of verizon/sprint (forget which) and you can flash your verizon/sprint phone to them with every feature working (talk/text/mms with pix/interwebs/email).

my bill w/ 2 lines comes to 70.12 every month. i doubt youll get that from any of the 'big name' providers. no dropped calls either! not once have i had a call drop from anywhere on the NW/NE sides of town that i frequent. other sides, ive had crappy signals but never missed a call!

Old 07-31-2010, 02:18 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,618,891 times
We have AT&T. I've had AT&T since it was Cingular and since Cingular was Southwestern Bell - I've been a very happy customer since I got my first cell phone in 1994. I have great reception everywhere, including at work, which is notoriously bad for cell phone reception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio