Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 03:42 PM

3,981 posts, read 6,737,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
Good thing I am 6'1', white as hell, with a shaved head! Only thing I am getting confused with is a skinhead! Oh btw guess who is picking up the bill teaching kids of illegals in districts throughout the county? Your, and mine, property taxes plus all the other fees incorporated with running schools. Had quite a few esl kids in the class this past year. Good thing I don't really care about immigration though. Now who is ready for Rick Perry to go away hahahaha!!!!!
In Texas unless you are homeless you pay property tax that goes to the ISD in which you reside. Apartment renters pay property tax indirectly through their rents since the apartment owners will not "eat" that cost, but will instead pass it on building it into the rents they charge. This misconception of yours is very widespread and I hope it dies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 03:48 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,624,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amexicano View Post
Can you explain your draconinan Mexican immigration law please? Don't want to comment on something I don't understand.

I'm 100% AGAINST illegal immigration. I'm also 100% against supporting laws that give the police in Texas discretion to harrass american citizens based on the color of their skin. Until we can have the super powerful database you are talking about (which I'm OK with) I can bet you anything that it will be enforced based on race...
illegals in mexico are treated far more harshly than they are here.

McCain-Kennedy Immigration Reform Bill vs. Mexico's Immigration Law - HUMAN EVENTS

please see that link for a nice review on mexican immigration law.

noteworthy gems:

Mexican authorities must keep track of every single person in the country:

Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73)
A National Population Registry keeps track of "every single individual who comprises the population of the country," and verifies each individual's identity. (Articles 85 and 86)
A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91).+

Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be imprisoned:

Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116)
Foreigners who sign government documents "with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses" are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116)

Foreigners who fail to obey the rules will be fined, deported, and/or imprisoned as felons:

Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117)
Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118)
Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121).

Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico -- such as working with out a permit -- can also be imprisoned.

Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population says,

"A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally." (Article 123)
Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)
Foreigners who "attempt against national sovereignty or security" will be deported. (Article 126)

Mexicans who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered criminals under the law:

A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)
Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico will be fined. (Article 132)

Old 06-15-2011, 03:48 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,740 times

YouTube - ‪Northside ISD Finance - Plain and Simple‬‏
Sure thing pal. My misconceptions will be buried in the grave with me.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amexicano View Post
If you look African American, then you don't have anything to worry about...but if you look "Mexican", beware...

By the way, I really hope they don't profile based on the typical "stereotype" of what a Mexican looks like or they may miss many. S lot of recent Mexican immigrants, particulary the wealthy ones (which may or may not be legally here) look very white, and may even speak good English.
a lot of my white and hispanic friends call me a coconut because i dont act like the typical 'hispanic'.

perfectly fine by me, since the stereotype theyre referring too is the thug, neanderthal way of life. yes, some of my friends are pretty dumb but they grow on you after time

i was told once, about 14 years ago, that i looked black. i had a much darker complexion back then and did not use sun screen or care about my skin. nowadays, some of my friends say i look mixed, a few say i look white, but most really dont care.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montirob View Post
What about passengers? (Just a question) If the driver is pulled over for something, will they also have to provide "proof"? I ask because my wife (native Texan) did not get her driver's license until her mid-20's - she had always used VIA (yes, even way out to UTSA).
this is just my experience, but the few times ive been a passenger in a car that was pulled over, i never got asked for my ID/TXDL, but was asked questions like 'do you know how fast he was going, etc etc'

Old 06-15-2011, 10:40 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,885 times
I'm a die-hard and life-long Latino Democrat but I applaud the Republicans for stepping up to do what needs to be done: enforce our laws on those who are here illegally!

I don't care who you are, what color you are, your gender...but if you are not in San Antonio here legally, you do not belong here.

I have to get drug tested at my job, and credit-checked when renting an apartment, and I have to show my ID when cashing a check. These are all things citizens HAVE to do most of the time. So if I get stopped by police and have to prove my citizenship....why should I fear if I have "nothing" to hide?

Yet, we are allowing people in San Antonio who have NO RIGHT to be in this city. Most of the people who immigrate here are impoverished individuals who then have kids in the United States who then live off the taxpayer and city services through THEIR American-born children. IT'S SIMPLY A FRAUD.

Americans are fed up!

Help give an American a job, not an illegal immigrant in San Antonio.

Help a disabled American get more food stamps (many times they are BARELY making it on a $600 or $700 monthly check), not an illegal immigrant in San Antonio.

Help a child get into Harvard, Yale and good schools, and not an illegal immigrant who claims he/she is an American citizen because they have lived most of their life in San Antonio when they choose to "never" go through the citizenship process until they were "caught."

Help an American citizen open their small-business, not an illegal immigrant in San Antonio who then competes with an American citizen for business customers.

Help the homeless, those going through health crises, and elderly American citizens who live in nursing homes with horrible conditions, not an illegal immigrant in San Antonio.

I hope my point is clear: put Americans FIRST in San Antonio and all over the country.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsa210tx View Post
I'm a die-hard and life-long Latino Democrat but I applaud the Republicans for stepping up to do what needs to be done: enforce our laws on those who are here illegally!

I don't care who you are, what color you are, your gender...but if you are not in San Antonio here legally, you do not belong here.

I have to get drug tested at my job, and credit-checked when renting an apartment, and I have to show my ID when cashing a check. These are all things citizens HAVE to do most of the time. So if I get stopped by police and have to prove my citizenship....why should I fear if I have "nothing" to hide?

Yet, we are allowing people in San Antonio who have NO RIGHT to be in this city. Most of the people who immigrate here are impoverished individuals who then have kids in the United States who then live off the taxpayer and city services through THEIR American-born children. IT'S SIMPLY A FRAUD.

Americans are fed up!

Help give an American a job, not an illegal immigrant in San Antonio.

Help a disabled American get more food stamps (many times they are BARELY making it on a $600 or $700 monthly check), not an illegal immigrant in San Antonio.

Help a child get into Harvard, Yale and good schools, and not an illegal immigrant who claims he/she is an American citizen because they have lived most of their life in San Antonio when they choose to "never" go through the citizenship process until they were "caught."

Help an American citizen open their small-business, not an illegal immigrant in San Antonio who then competes with an American citizen for business customers.

Help the homeless, those going through health crises, and elderly American citizens who live in nursing homes with horrible conditions, not an illegal immigrant in San Antonio.

I hope my point is clear: put Americans FIRST in San Antonio and all over the country.
more and more hispanics are picking up our mentality. i can only pray that it spreads and people realize that illegals are hurting more than helping.

the only one they are helping is the democratic party, who is enticing them with amnesty so they will vote democrat.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:32 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
the only one they are helping is the democratic party, who is enticing them with amnesty so they will vote democrat.
Let's not forget that Ronald Reagan, a Republican, gave amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants in the 1980s. It didn't do much good for our country then, and it won't benefit us to do it today either.

The Democrats on this one issue are just simply misguided. This is one of the few issues which I break away with my party. By in large, though, I stand with my party on most other issues.

Last edited by xsa210tx; 06-16-2011 at 12:46 AM..

Old 06-16-2011, 12:44 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
I don't understand the attitudes of some here...

Asking a person a question will put a strain on our police?

Peoples rights will be violated if asked if they are an American citizen *but* they are not violated if they are stopped and asked if they have been drinking?

This is a common sense start to get the illegal alien problem under control...

Old 06-16-2011, 08:44 AM

3,981 posts, read 6,737,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post

YouTube - ‪Northside ISD Finance - Plain and Simple‬‏
Sure thing pal. My misconceptions will be buried in the grave with me.
No it's not the same. The points in that presentation have to do with the distribution of monies and state-imposed caps on property taxes. Blame the lege and not the powerless taxpayers on that one. And face it taxes are never distributed equally geographically in relation to the revenues generated from those same areas. If it were Alaska, Alabama and many other states would be in dire straits b/c they generate little tax revenue in relation to what they get in return from the Feds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio