Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 10:17 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,491,831 times

Advertisements

I've had Cricket for a couple of years and the service has greatly improved since it went nationwide a couple of months ago. My sister had to use my phone when her Sprint phone kept on dropping calls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 11:35 PM

74 posts, read 148,922 times
I had cricket for a bit but i drive to Killeen once a week. Coverage in Killeen is fine, in San Antonio is fine, and in Austin is fine...but on the way to those places it stinks. Plus if you use the internet then Cricket is a no go. I currently am with 2 carriers. My wife and I are on a family plan with my parents and brother with Sprint. We have had Sprint now for 12 years and are plenty happy. My work blackberry is with T-Mobile which I also like. Pricewise, check out T-Mobiles new Value Plans. You can get 1 line for $59.99 with Unlimited Everything or 2 lines for $99.99 with Unlimited Everything. The T-Mobile or Sprint internet is wayyyy faster than Cricket, but like i said, i use it alot, like all day long...so for me its ideal. But everyone has their own uses.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:03 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,410,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan08 View Post
I had cricket for a bit but i drive to Killeen once a week. Coverage in Killeen is fine, in San Antonio is fine, and in Austin is fine...but on the way to those places it stinks. The T-Mobile or Sprint internet is wayyyy faster than Cricket, but like i said, i use it alot, like all day long...so for me its ideal. But everyone has their own uses.
There are numerous customers who don't like TMobile, Sprint, Verizon and/or AT&T because of their lack of coverage in some areas and dropped calls that the individual user experiences.

Depending on where you live and/or where you're traveling to, you might have those issues with any one of the major carriers too including Cricket Wireless.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:59 PM

898 posts, read 2,898,401 times
I've been a cricket customer for a whole 4 weeks now, and I like it. I went for the 35 dollar plan, and I get unlimited everything. the 30 dollar plan does not have voice mail, so I went and took the 35 dollar plan. I pretty much just use the phone to call and text, its one of the cheaper phones on crickets list of phones. its the 1st kyocera model you see on the list. now the only thing that many people have complaints about is customer service. you can hardly understand them, since they are all in india, so hope I never need them. and the 35 dollar plan along with taxes, turns out to 37 dollars and change a month.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:28 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,116,977 times
Have you considered changing over to a prepaid plan? My wife and I dropped the $60/month AT&T plan and now use the AT&T prepaid plan. We don't use our cell phone much and have found we can each get buy with a $100 prepaid card that is good for one year, and that is all we have needed for an entire year of usage. So now it costs us only $200 per year instead of $720.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:31 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,510,121 times
good service in major population areas.
im not nuts about the browser.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:43 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,491,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony78201 View Post
I've been a cricket customer for a whole 4 weeks now, and I like it. I went for the 35 dollar plan, and I get unlimited everything. the 30 dollar plan does not have voice mail, so I went and took the 35 dollar plan. I pretty much just use the phone to call and text, its one of the cheaper phones on crickets list of phones. its the 1st kyocera model you see on the list. now the only thing that many people have complaints about is customer service. you can hardly understand them, since they are all in india, so hope I never need them. and the 35 dollar plan along with taxes, turns out to 37 dollars and change a month.
The customer service is really bad because it's so hard to understand the representatives. Dell has the same problem, but I haven't had to call them at all for a computer I bought almost 3 years ago.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:05 AM

469 posts, read 1,156,853 times
I'm with boost mobile. If you go into a lot of rural areas (east TX) you have spotty or zero service but the phones are great IMO (I've had a Blackberry and now an Android through them), the internet runs great and the best thing is the prices go down the longer you stay with them. I'm paying 45 (5 dollars is insurance on my phone) and after 6 payments it will go down to 40. Very great deal.

In major towns I've never had dropped calls to my recollection. They use the Sprint network. BTW we were with Sprint before we went with Boost. Them being on Sprints network was a major reason we went with them. We were happy with the Sprint service just not the price plans.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:08 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,626,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony78201 View Post
since they are all in india, so hope I never need them. .

most major cell companies (sprint, att, boost, cricket, verizon) outsource their call centers to india for tech help

Old 11-13-2011, 07:25 PM

74 posts, read 148,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsa210tx View Post
There are numerous customers who don't like TMobile, Sprint, Verizon and/or AT&T because of their lack of coverage in some areas and dropped calls that the individual user experiences.

Depending on where you live and/or where you're traveling to, you might have those issues with any one of the major carriers too including Cricket Wireless.
Absolutely agree. Thats why shopping for something like a cell phone is on a user by user basis. What may work for you may not work for someone else and vice versa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio