Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 12:02 PM

952 posts, read 2,642,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony78201 View Post
I've been a cricket customer for a whole 4 weeks now, and I like it. I went for the 35 dollar plan, and I get unlimited everything. the 30 dollar plan does not have voice mail, so I went and took the 35 dollar plan. I pretty much just use the phone to call and text, its one of the cheaper phones on crickets list of phones. its the 1st kyocera model you see on the list. now the only thing that many people have complaints about is customer service. you can hardly understand them, since they are all in india, so hope I never need them. and the 35 dollar plan along with taxes, turns out to 37 dollars and change a month.

yep I have the same plan as you Tony, but I checked their plans and i see the minimum now is $40??? I've been with Cricket for over a year now. I HATE CONTRACTS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 12:56 PM

11 posts, read 15,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA08 View Post
Just about done with at&t. My daughter & I are looking to switch to another carrier. I'm thinking that cricket looks pretty good. We don't travel too much - my hubby does & he's staying with at&t but his company is paying his bill. Anyway, I'm thinking of going w/ cricket but only know one person that has it. She's pretty happy with it but everyone she calls lives here in town. We are former military & have friends & family scattered all over so we call lots of states. Any input? thanks

I haven't tried Cricket, but I have Virgin Mobile and its great... Piggy backs off of Sprint network and is a tad cheaper than Cricket.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:33 PM

138 posts, read 452,903 times
I have had a Cricket phone for just the San Antonio area for a little over a year ($30/mo). I do get alot of dropped calls, and have their cheap phone which people say they can't understand me. I live in Wyoming part-time and as of September did not have coverage there. The tech help is HORRID!! They do not know English words and get very mad when they can't figure out what you want. They have hung up on me a couple times, and I have hung up on them a couple times. I am going to look at a monthly T-Mobile this week. No contract and EVERYTHING for $50/mo. If you can get by with 1000 minutes a month it is only $30/mo. Cheaper than Cricket and a better quality co, imo. My neighbor got the T-Mobile last month and cut her cell phone bill. She now pays less than 1/2 of what she was paying with Verizon. The sales person at the store by HEB at Dezavala/I10 was wonderful.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:47 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,520,235 times
It must be your phone. I bought a 3g, touchscreen phone and haven't had problems with static or dropped calls since they integrated Pocket's network and went nationwide. I use my phone in the city and out in the boonies on the south side where the reception used to be terrible. My sister bought an expensive phone with Sprint and has had to use my phone because of dropped calls and has static out at the UTSA main campus. Since I've heard good things about Sprint in this area, it might just be her phone.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:04 PM

898 posts, read 2,903,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jons_wifey View Post
yep I have the same plan as you Tony, but I checked their plans and i see the minimum now is $40??? I've been with Cricket for over a year now. I HATE CONTRACTS!!
I went and checked, and I saw that it started at 40 bucks, but I scrolled all the way down, and there was the 30 dollar, and 35 dollar plans. they moved those all the way to the bottom of the page...very sneaky of cricket

Old 11-15-2011, 12:40 AM

502 posts, read 936,932 times
Simple mobile!!! Way better than cricket! I make my living in the wireless industry and have customers switching from cricket over to simple..I do on average 10 activations on simple mobile a day. Cricket is in big financial trouble and are about to drop ship soon! Some inside information for you guys or gals. Plus you can use any tmobile phone or just unlock your AT&T phone..iPhones work awesome with simple mobile I rock one myself. Cricket is okay for a bit but the data and network are no good!

Old 11-15-2011, 09:31 AM

299 posts, read 609,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeptech210 View Post
Simple mobile!!! Way better than cricket! I make my living in the wireless industry and have customers switching from cricket over to simple..I do on average 10 activations on simple mobile a day. Cricket is in big financial trouble and are about to drop ship soon! Some inside information for you guys or gals. Plus you can use any tmobile phone or just unlock your AT&T phone..iPhones work awesome with simple mobile I rock one myself. Cricket is okay for a bit but the data and network are no good!
You're rocking an iphone on an edge data connection. Yea, that's awesome alright.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:05 PM

952 posts, read 2,642,694 times
Simple Mobile @ Pissed Consumer

Old 11-17-2011, 11:55 AM

2,569 posts, read 7,766,135 times
I have had Cricket for a couple months now. I was so glad to finally be free of the T-mobile noose!! Anyway, I am paying about $40 a month and I have unlimited everything plus internet. I took the phone they were offering for free (well, free after rebate) and it is fine. Reconditioned though so the battery doesn't hold charge like it should.

Anyway I have had no problems at all. No dropped calls, texts come through fine, and I rarely travel so that's not an issue. I am so glad to be out of a contract and Cricket is meeting my needs at this point. The only thing that is a downside is that for families, sometimes the contract option is cheaper monthly. For both of us to have a phone on Cricket would be a bit more than we paid before with T-mobile, but we don't need 2 phones so it is okay for us for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio