Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 08:43 PM

7 posts, read 17,647 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone. It was a bummer when he didn't show up, because I was ready with photos and such to prove that I didn't or couldn't have passed on the right as he stated on the ticket. But I'm just glad its over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 06:28 AM

7 posts, read 17,647 times
Well, Looks like the same BCS (Bexar County Sheriff) is still handing out tickets at the same location. I saw him there again last week, and I just hope that people pay attention to what the ticket says and fight it, vs just going down and paying that fine, plus the defensive driving class thay tell you to take to get it off your record.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:18 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolleather View Post
Well, Looks like the same BCS (Bexar County Sheriff) is still handing out tickets at the same location. I saw him there again last week, and I just hope that people pay attention to what the ticket says and fight it, vs just going down and paying that fine, plus the defensive driving class thay tell you to take to get it off your record.
Or obey the law and avoid all the hassle!

Old 10-19-2012, 05:18 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,031,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Or obey the law and avoid all the hassle!
The law has to be right & proper in order for us to easily obey it. And it does not appear it's particularly proper at this location.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
The law has to be right & proper in order for us to easily obey it. And it does not appear it's particularly proper at this location.
Really? I didn't know we got to pick and choose which laws we feel are "right and proper" to obey them!

You cannot "create a lane" as the OP did when one does not exist. It's not only illegal, but dangerous.

Quit trying to justify illegal actions, the Texas Transportation Code is pretty straightforward as to what is legal and what isn't. Your opinions have no bearing on it whatsoever...

And don't claim it's only "revenue generation" either, it's clear you cannot drive off the roadway and those who do it are simply "donating" their money because of their stupidity, impatience, beliefs that they are above the law, etc!

I hope local law enforcement agencies continue to issue citations to all that illegally drive on the shoulder at that intersection!

Old 10-19-2012, 10:06 PM

This is why lanes have to be designed to a certain size: not too small and in this case, not too big. If you build it too big, you're just ASKING for this situation to occur.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:43 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,378,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowBar View Post
I am very familiar with that intersection, and the scenario you describe. I don't pass through there in the morning, but do pass though in the afternoon. Obviously the traffic isn't as bad when I go through there, around 4:30. But I do see people who do what you describe. I have two thoughts on the matter. First I can't believe the cops are giving tickets for doing that. Yes, I agree that it is technically illegal, but they should apply some common sense. By letting people do it, it reduces the backlog of cars. My second thought is I can't believe the cop wrote passing on the right on your ticket, when you were on the left of the other vehicle. I would plead not guilty also just based on the fact that the ticket said "passing on the right" when I was on the left hand side of the other car. While I typically "back the blue", I must say that giving tickets out here sounds like revenue generation.
I'm with TowBar. Cops call this a "cherry alley" where they're guaranteed to pull major revenue.
Enough drivers need to plead not guilty, but also bring this to by-law enforcement, who probably
already know it's an ambush area for the cops.

Traffic design as a goal is safe, uninterrupted flow.
So if flow is slowed, the chances of an accident increases.
If the area has the room it should be a condidate for road design makeover.

Last edited by thedwightguy; 10-23-2013 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: spell check

Old 10-23-2013, 08:50 PM

Whoa. Been a while since I saw this thread. Blast from the past!

But thank you for the added insight, thedwightguy!

Old 10-24-2013, 09:12 AM

"Insight?!?" He lives in Canada, and there's no indication that he's ever even been to SA much less knows this stretch of road.

Plus, none of his claims hold water. I've never heard the term "cherry alley" used by the SAPD, the slowing of traffic actually reduces the potential for accidents not increases it as claimed, and what is "by-law enforcement?!?"

A sudden resurrection of the thread over a year after the last post by someone who doesn't even live in the same country as the topic of discussion is not some epiphany...

Old 10-24-2013, 10:55 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
"Insight?!?" He lives in Canada,
So what.

Quote:
and there's no indication that he's ever even been to SA much less knows this stretch of road.
We don't ask for proof. We ask that users follow the Terms of Service (ToS) which they have agreed to. Such as "Rude posts will be removed and infractions issued."

Quote:
Plus, none of his claims hold water. I've never heard the term "cherry alley" used by the SAPD,
So...

Quote:
the slowing of traffic actually reduces the potential for accidents not increases it as claimed, and what is "by-law enforcement?!?"
Do you have any proof? That was his claim, I understood it in another way.

Quote:
A sudden resurrection of the thread over a year after the last post by someone who doesn't even live in the same country as the topic of discussion is not some epiphany...
There is nothing wrong with bringing up an older thread if the information is valid...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio