Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 09:03 PM

923 posts, read 1,503,416 times

Advertisements

Anyone here ever taken their kids to Jellystone about by Canyon Lake? What did you think? Thanks.

Last edited by chud; 07-20-2011 at 09:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 11:32 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,013,722 times
Can you try something like google maps, see what it looks like? You cant really go by what other people say, they may not be looking at it the same way you would. Just a thought.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:52 AM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,736,736 times
Never been there. I think it's actually close, but not on the river and not on Canyon Lake. Might try Potter's Creek Park for Lake access. Real reasonable

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers - Developed Recreation Areas

Old 07-21-2011, 12:10 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,013,722 times
Potters is nice, just be careful.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:57 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,414,488 times
Moderator cut: off topic

Seriously though. I only know of Jellystone in FL and they are all pretty nice and clean.

Last edited by Bo; 07-21-2011 at 07:01 PM..

Old 07-26-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post

Seriously though. I only know of Jellystone in FL and they are all pretty nice and clean.
^^^ Thanks.
I will update this thread after we get back from there and let y'all know how it is.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:46 PM

184 posts, read 462,354 times
I have a friend at work who just went to Jellystone park and she said she loved it there, she said it is perfect for kids.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:53 PM

Just thought I'd check back in and report on our trip to Jellystone Park out by Canyon Lake. We had a great time, there was lots of stuff for the kids to do. We rented one of the RV's out there, other people brought their own. They also have a few cabins too. Our RV was nice, and the kids enjoyed it. The pool area was nice, with a little 6 inch wading pool with fountains for the real little kids, then a 3 foot deep pool for other kids, and a 5 to 6 foot deep pool for everyone else. There were lots of activities in the hall that they had: arts and crafts, candy bar bingo, movies in the evening. There was also a store on site with basic groceries and souvenirs. My 10 year old son liked the "mining" area, where you could sift for "treasure" (different types of stones and arrowheads mixed in to a bag of sand). There was a hay ride also.
They have an agenda that they give you when you check in with all the activities, so the kids know what is up next and can do what they want. Having stuff to keep the kiddos busy gives the parents a bit of a break too, so that is nice. Overall I recommend it for familes.

Oh, and Fisherman's Corner, mentioned in this thread is only 8 miles down the road. My oldest son caught 8 catfish there, and had a great time (we went twice). Also recommended.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:30 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,414,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chud View Post
Just thought I'd check back in and report on our trip to Jellystone Park out by Canyon Lake. We had a great time, there was lots of stuff for the kids to do. We rented one of the RV's out there, other people brought their own. They also have a few cabins too. Our RV was nice, and the kids enjoyed it. The pool area was nice, with a little 6 inch wading pool with fountains for the real little kids, then a 3 foot deep pool for other kids, and a 5 to 6 foot deep pool for everyone else. There were lots of activities in the hall that they had: arts and crafts, candy bar bingo, movies in the evening. There was also a store on site with basic groceries and souvenirs. My 10 year old son liked the "mining" area, where you could sift for "treasure" (different types of stones and arrowheads mixed in to a bag of sand). There was a hay ride also.
They have an agenda that they give you when you check in with all the activities, so the kids know what is up next and can do what they want. Having stuff to keep the kiddos busy gives the parents a bit of a break too, so that is nice. Overall I recommend it for familes.

Oh, and Fisherman's Corner, mentioned in this thread is only 8 miles down the road. My oldest son caught 8 catfish there, and had a great time (we went twice). Also recommended.

Thank you for posting that!!

Old 08-07-2011, 09:19 AM

1,361 posts, read 2,274,441 times
Thanks for the information. That sounds like a great place to take the kids. You're brave to do it in this heat! I think I'll check and see if they are open in the fall and maybe my kids will get a "camping" experience after all. I'm not much on camping but this place sounds doable for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio