Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 01:10 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,424,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
Can somebody clear this up for me? On the Villages of Westcreek website I noticed the following information posted about the Election in April.

Board of Directors Candidacy Information - April 2010

"The Board of Directors will have 4 open seats in April. A key business item on the annual meeting agenda is the election of new Board members. If you would like to seize this opportunity for yourself or someone you believe would be a good Director, submit name(s), a short bio; you may come to the office to have a picture taken or send in a picture in a jpeg file to the Villages of Westcreek Office by February 16, 2010 in order to publish in the April Newsletter and Website."

Now, please correct me if I am wrong but this information was posted today on their website. According to my calendar today is February 27, 2010. I guess better late than sorry!!!!

Sorry, that info has been up for a while now. I updated the site yesterday with pics and bios of the candidates.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Wondering if anyone has any ideas for this problem:
We live at the end of Point Canyon and the creekbed/meadow is behind our house. This is private property and is CONSTANTLY being used to make our life miserable: motorcycles, 4wheeler, teenagers, and now... last night around 9 p.m., so idiot was actually driving a car back there. This is not a road! We have contacted the HOA and to their credit, they ran an article about it last year. We have contacted the owner via the listing agent, as it is for sell. They confirmed that they do not want people back there and put up NO TRESPASSING signs. Not sure if they are still up. We also called the BCSO and were told by them that the owner, not us had to let them know if someone is trespassing. So I said, "You mean you are telling me that if I see someone breaking into a home, I shouldn't call you because I'm not the owner?" How does that make sense?
I can't take it anymore... there is no peace and quiet here. What other options do we have?
We had similar issues when we lived on Sage Run - constant barrage of 4 wheelers, paintballers, weed smokers, etc. Even a redneck in an old Towncar! The only luck we had with it was when we came home one day to find the back of our house covered in paintballs, windows included. I guess they got tired of shooting at each other. BCSO responded to that quickly! But as it was private property, we couldn't do much about it otherwise.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:48 PM

56 posts, read 75,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Sorry, that info has been up for a while now. I updated the site yesterday with pics and bios of the candidates.
Beg to differ with you GW but that information about getting your nominations in by February 16th was not there until yesterday. Did they just give you the info to post or did you have it awhile and just got around to it yesterday?

Old 02-28-2010, 04:08 PM

41 posts, read 58,284 times
It has not been up. There was a link on the front page that said to click here for election info, but it took you to the present BOD and there was no info concerning the election information. Sorry.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:44 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,078,192 times
Quote:
We had similar issues when we lived on Sage Run - constant barrage of 4 wheelers, paintballers, weed smokers, etc. Even a redneck in an old Towncar! The only luck we had with it was when we came home one day to find the back of our house covered in paintballs, windows included. I guess they got tired of shooting at each other. BCSO responded to that quickly! But as it was private property, we couldn't do much about it otherwise.
See, this is the whole problem, gw... this attitude around here of "sorry, that's just the way it ". So, until somebody blows our windows out, shoots our dogs, or burns our house down, there's not much we can do otherwise? I cannot wait to get out of here because of just this attitude... nobody seems to care about the graffiti, the fences, the yards full of weeds, the peace and enjoyment of our homes. You don't see any other subdivision or HOA on this board with this kind of pathetic thread... hundreds of pages long. When you start at the beginning and read through, it shows the decline.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:26 PM

8 posts, read 10,683 times
I agree with GW; this information was posted and known a while ago.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:06 PM

56 posts, read 75,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1992 View Post
I agree with GW; this information was posted and known a while ago.
Beg to differ with you too my friend. The page with the pictures and bios was updated yesterday according to GW. He himself says he updated the site yesterday with pics and bios of the candidates. Before the update, the link went to the Board of Directors page. Two things could have happened here. One he was just provided the information from the BOD or HOA Staff, or he had the information for a while and just got around to posting it. So I for one would like to know what happened.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:22 AM

Wow, no conspiracy here - there was a blurb on the BOD page about the nominations, etc. Then I was provided more specific info on actual candidates, which I turned into a separate candidates page.

The first paragraph on this page *was* on the BOD page, until I got bios and pics and created a separate page:
2010 Board Candidates (http://www.villagesofwestcreek.com/candidates.php - broken link)

Old 03-02-2010, 01:22 PM

66 posts, read 84,019 times
Default Hi George

Quote:
Wow, no conspiracy here - there was a blurb on the BOD page about the nominations, etc. Then I was provided more specific info on actual candidates, which I turned into a separate candidates page.

The first paragraph on this page *was* on the BOD page, until I got bios and pics and created a separate page:
2010 Board Candidates (http://www.villagesofwestcreek.com/candidates.php - broken link)

What I want to know, is this is all that's running for the vacant slots?
I know that it is not** I don't blame you,Your okay! It's what they
give you to post**

{It is the other cowards that are running, that are hiding under the covers due to thier exsistence on this Board already!}

Where are thier pictures? Where are thier Bio's?

How do they plan on fixing what they have not done in the past?

Are they going to fix all problems that are nessecary
to run this Homeowners Association like it should be run, I think not!!

Old 03-02-2010, 01:57 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
I said it before and I'll say it again. No one has the stones to run. A lot of 'em like to talk big, but when the going get's tough,the tough....disappear.
Most have no idea what they are doing anyway. Sorry you have to live with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio