Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2010, 10:43 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,841,325 times

Advertisements

We are in need of Termite Control.

I found a Pest Control Company here in Westcreek called A and E Pest Control on Victorian Oaks. Does anyone know anything about them?

Old 07-12-2010, 08:07 AM

797 posts, read 2,991,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE COMMON MAN View Post
Anybody heard if they hired a new community manager yet?
Did the last one quit or was she fired? I remember she was not well liked by several homeowners.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:23 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplacelikeWA View Post
Did the last one quit or was she fired? I remember she was not well liked by several homeowners.
Quote from President of WC HOA BOD (Westcreek Times Jul-Sep 2010)

"At the time of this newsletter you will have no doubt
heard the Community Manager, (name removed),
and the Assistant Community Manager, (name removed)
have both tendered their resignations. As I am
writing this article, your Board is reviewing resumes of
candidates for both of these positions with a very big
focus on customer care and service. We all appreciate
the work Elizabeth and Oswald have done for our community
and wish them well in their future endeavors."

Old 07-14-2010, 08:25 PM

In our most recent Newsletter Mr. Foss mentioned something about Westcreek becoming its' own Municipality. With all due respect is that a valid suggestion / comment?

We simply do not / would not generate enough income to pay for Street Maintenance, Water and Sewer Infrastructure and Repair, Law Enforcement, Fire Department, etc.

My gosh would we be paying City of Westcreek Property Taxes along with HOA dues? Twenty Five plus years ago Stone Oak was considering this move (It's own Municipality) when things were starting to boom out that way. Well it never came to be.

This topic will no doubt come up when the City of San Antonio starts to talk about taking us in. As for now we are fine the way we are and when that day comes we will be better off being annexed.

Last edited by wellguy; 07-14-2010 at 08:37 PM..

Old 07-14-2010, 09:10 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
In our most recent Newsletter Mr. Foss mentioned something about Westcreek becoming its' own Municipality. With all due respect is that a valid suggestion / comment?

We simply do not / would not generate enough income to pay for Street Maintenance, Water and Sewer Infrastructure and Repair, Law Enforcement, Fire Department, etc.

My gosh would we be paying City of Westcreek Property Taxes along with HOA dues? Twenty Five plus years ago Stone Oak was considering this move (It's own Municipality) when things were starting to boom out that way. Well it never came to be.

This topic will no doubt come up when the City of San Antonio starts to talk about taking us in. As for now we are fine the way we are and when that day comes we will be better off being annexed.
I would be 100 percent opposed to that idea. Way too expensive to undertake! Bexar County taxes would NOT go away if that happened and San Antonio services would NOT increase if that happened. Like you mentioned, we would have to also pay for several other costs. NO THANKS!

Old 07-14-2010, 09:13 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,160 times
Here is the quote you refer to:

"I would welcome your comments and opinions of our very
large HOA incorporating into its own Municipality. I may be
contacted at alanfoss@satx.r.com. Please include your phone
number in any emails. I would kind of like to have my address
be Westcreek, TX."

From page 4 of: http://www.villagesofwestcreek.com/D...ulAugSep10.pdf

Of course, that email address should be ".rr" instead of ".r" but hey, I included the type-o as written in the newsletter.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:57 AM

I was unable to attend the HOA / BOD Meeting last night due to a situation at work. I did read on the HOW website this morning that we have a new Community Manager who will start on July 19th. Does anyone know anthing about her? Does she live in Westcreek. That alone would please me since we would have someone with a Vested Interest in WC.

On another note (I'll get yelled at for this one but)........ It appears that the position was filled quickly as was the resignation of the previous CM so I ask..... Was there an agenda to "oust" the previous CM by the new BOD?

Old 07-17-2010, 11:54 AM

56 posts, read 75,188 times
Quote:
I was unable to attend the HOA / BOD Meeting last night due to a situation at work. I did read on the HOW website this morning that we have a new Community Manager who will start on July 19th. Does anyone know anthing about her? Does she live in Westcreek. That alone would please me since we would have someone with a Vested Interest in WC.

On another note (I'll get yelled at for this one but)........ It appears that the position was filled quickly as was the resignation of the previous CM so I ask..... Was there an agenda to "oust" the previous CM by the new BOD?
I don't know! Why don't you just go ask them and let us know?

I don't think being a resident in Westcreek should be an issue for a Community Manager. Being hired into that position should be her vested interest in the community that she serves.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:13 PM

80 posts, read 193,393 times
Quote:

What would be the purpose to "oust" the previous CM? The BODs are not paid and live in the community so wouldn't their agenda be to do what is best for our community?

Old 07-17-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reserve at WC View Post
What would be the purpose to "oust" the previous CM? The BODs are not paid and live in the community so wouldn't their agenda be to do what is best for our community?
Maybe I've been around too long (outside of Westcreek) and have seen many new BOD's come in with an agenda and before you know it the CEO is gone. Much of this is due to a differences of opinion and different directions for the company.

That could have been the case here. We will never know what happened but it is certain that the Resident's were angry with the Community Manager, Staff, and the past BOD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio