Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 12:06 AM

169 posts, read 392,080 times

Advertisements

Oh man...game changer indeed LOL

Seriously though, we don't do fast food often but when we do, it's Del Taco or Chick fil A. It's good to know I'll still be able to get my fix. BTW...order the Bun Taco. It hasn't been on the menu in probably 20 years but they'll still make it. I grew up on them :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 01:28 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford72 View Post
Oh man...game changer indeed LOL

Seriously though, we don't do fast food often but when we do, it's Del Taco or Chick fil A. It's good to know I'll still be able to get my fix. BTW...order the Bun Taco. It hasn't been on the menu in probably 20 years but they'll still make it. I grew up on them :-)
Then it is a done deal....Alamo Ranch has both Del Taco AND Chick Fil A at your doorstep!!! LOL

What is a Bun Taco??? Like a "sloppy joe" kind of sandwhich???

Old 03-10-2013, 09:24 AM

40 posts, read 107,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford72 View Post
@Nernah:

Is that the Sonoma Ranch area? We have seen a few homes online we really like up there as well. How are the schools? What about amenities/parks/pools/etc?
I don't have kids, but I'm told that the schools around here are excellent. It's Northside school district. For high schools, I believe you'd either be at O'Connor or Brandeis. We don't have very many parks around this area, but we do have a really great trail system for walking and biking. Mostly what I love about my neighborhood is the easy access to 1604 and proximity to the I-10 corridor.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:26 PM

@Paka...sort of like a sloppy joe, yes. It's essentially a bun with taco meat, cheese, lettuce and tomato. I always ask for sour cream and then I put a packet of hot sauce on it. Takes me back to when I was a kid. Also, their chicken soft tacos are really good...the sauce on them is delicious. All the combo meals come with crinkle fries, and the ONLY way to have the fries is by dipping them in a mixture of equal parts hot sauce and ketchup :-)

Old 05-29-2013, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 3,042 times
Default Stone Oak or Alamo Ranch

If your looking for better schools, new home and less crime. Then you would want to live in Stone Oak. If you go a few miles north of Stone Oak you will find Kinder Ranch. Even a better community and pretty much all new builds. The Schools are rated "Exemplary ". The property tax is lower since you do not pay city taxes and you will save money on House and Car Insurance. We were doing the same search you are doing for the last six months in the same areas and have just started the House building. Would recommend only Ryland home or Sitterle home as builders (More for the money)

Old 05-29-2013, 09:33 AM

381 posts, read 768,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbl797 View Post
If your looking for better schools, new home and less crime. Then you would want to live in Stone Oak. If you go a few miles north of Stone Oak you will find Kinder Ranch. Even a better community and pretty much all new builds. The Schools are rated "Exemplary ". The property tax is lower since you do not pay city taxes and you will save money on House and Car Insurance. We were doing the same search you are doing for the last six months in the same areas and have just started the House building. Would recommend only Ryland home or Sitterle home as builders (More for the money)
I only see an elementary school in kinder ranch. If you have kids, where are they going to go to middle school and high school?

Old 02-18-2014, 11:45 AM

2 posts, read 3,866 times
I was wondering what you decided after all and how you've settled in. We are in the same boat....looking at AR vs Shavano Park. My husband works in the South so his commute will be long. But my main concern is safety and schools. I don't mind driving for shopping, etc. But I excellent schools and safe neighborhoods. We were looking at St Mary's private school since we've heard great things. Any reputable private schools in AR area? Haven't found any.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryBo View Post
I was wondering what you decided after all and how you've settled in. We are in the same boat....looking at AR vs Shavano Park. My husband works in the South so his commute will be long. But my main concern is safety and schools. I don't mind driving for shopping, etc. But I excellent schools and safe neighborhoods. We were looking at St Mary's private school since we've heard great things. Any reputable private schools in AR area? Haven't found any.

Hi there...wow re-reading this thread brings back a lot of memories from when we were just starting to consider the move!

I moved to San Antonio in August 2013 and my wife & daughter just recently joined me after Christmas. We are settling in quite nicely, and absolutely love our decision to move here. We ended up choosing Alamo Ranch, as it is very close to where I work. We are leasing a home within the Riverstone (DR Horton) community. We intend to buy within a year or so, but we are undecided if we would buy in Riverstone or look in the surrounding communities. We love the neighborhood, but there are some things about the DR Horton build quality that we aren't too pleased with. All in all though, the neighborhood is a great fit for us. Safe, friendly, convenient, and we are anxiously awaiting opening day at the pool!

Our daughter attends the neighborhood school, Mireles, and absolutely LOVES it there. She is getting the attention and enthusiatic teaching she never got at her private school in California.

As for private schools, I have no idea. We didn't even bother looking into it, as part of our decision to move here was the fact that the public schools were so far superior to ours in California. We enjoy saving the $1000/month in tuition and after-school care

Best of luck, and please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:37 AM

2 posts, read 3,758 times
Thumbs up Middle and High School campuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by en28so View Post
I only see an elementary school in kinder ranch. If you have kids, where are they going to go to middle school and high school?
Middle and High School campuses

In addition to the Kinder Ranch Elementary School site, Comal Independent School District has acquired a Middle School site and a High School site within the Kinder Ranch community. Once constructed, these facilities will be a great addition to the community.

Old 11-25-2018, 12:23 PM

2 posts, read 2,649 times
Bradford72 What part of San Antonio did you end up moving to? I recently moved to San Antonio and love Stone Oak (hate the traffic) love Alamo Ranch (hate the traffic). Love going downtown so 1604/Wiseman is looking rather attractive to me. I'm sure will even trually start bacjnho
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio