Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 12:00 PM

340 posts, read 586,329 times

Advertisements

I saw one of most hipsterish people I've ever seen sitting and waiting for a business broadway across from the underconstruction development the mosaic in lower broadway. It blew my mind as I remember that area 10 years ago and it was the last place in the world you'd find hipsters, now, they're making it their home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 12:04 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000 View Post
I just don't understand the hipster appeal of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer...of all the beers on earth, why that one? It's been around forever and doesn't taste very good. I remember my dad (who's 82) drinking that when I was a little kid. Surely, there are better tasting "vintage" beers out there!!
It doesn't hurt the pocketbook like other beers. Maybe hipsters are on a budget?

Old 03-13-2013, 12:29 PM

841 posts, read 1,747,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
The most I have seen in Southtown are the fixie subculture types. I wouldn't class them as hipster but they are hip.
Funny thing is that all the fixie friends I have don't live in Southtown. They either live downtown in apartments that I didn't even know were apartments, or in the areas on the southern and eastern edges of downtown.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:25 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,556,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montirob View Post
Funny thing is that all the fixie friends I have don't live in Southtown. They either live downtown in apartments that I didn't even know were apartments, or in the areas on the southern and eastern edges of downtown.
Yeah, people always refer to Southtown as "hipster" but in reality it's more aging-post-hippie types who are soccer moms and dads ;-) I see a few typical types here and there, and I suppose moreso than one might see in Stone Oak but it's not as hipsterish as people think. It's not even that edgy anymore.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:30 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
I have never seen a fixie bike in Southtown either, although I do see "hipsters" scattered around the general area.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:34 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,348,331 times
The have/had bike part vending machine at Friendly Spot

Old 03-13-2013, 03:49 PM

252 posts, read 519,178 times
Good , hipsters are annoying anyway.. you don't want them trust me..

Old 03-13-2013, 07:33 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
So, Tulsa is more hipster than five Texas cities. Good to know.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:16 PM

340 posts, read 586,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
So, Tulsa is more hipster than five Texas cities. Good to know.
That's when you know a list is good.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:00 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,877,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montirob View Post
How very cool! Ever since the early 00's my wife's dream is to live in that building on the SW corner of Carolina and S. Presa but leave it just the way it looks on the outside while fixing it up really nice on the inside. Of course we share other fantasies but this was her idea and it was way before we even knew others were actually doing similar.

(:

Of course we were not wanting to gentrify the area since this is already our side of town. Just the idea of lots of space in an old building and not wanting to advertise how really nice it is inside to all the riffraff outside.

One day we might be able to do this and keep it a secret still. If not there then somewhere else on our side of town. Of course my dream is old money, of course you have to be born or marry into that but we do appreciate how they enjoy their privacy without advertising what they have either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio