Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2013, 05:41 AM

7 posts, read 53,776 times

Advertisements

Hi,

So I thought this might be helpful.

The UPS center that services my area (NW) has a pick up center at this distribution location that is open only till 6pm Mon - Fri, but if you go after hours you kinda have to walk around the left side to the open garage doors and just get pointed to the little office they have there. --- see pic below...

If you have a package on "will call" and they tell you to come after 7pm, etc because the driver wont be back till then you end up doing what i did.

While i was there, i managed to get the phone number to that little after hours office, they can look up your package, see if the driver is back yet and estimate when he will be back much better than the 1800 customer service center can.

The phone numbers to this office location are: 210-681-5557 and -5558 - ask for a guy name "WILL" if not whomever answers can help you.

- I was there waiting yesterday because i was told to arrive at 7pm that my driver wont be back till 6:30, i show up at 7 to be told that the driver wont get there till 8pm or maybe later....

Since i was waiting - Will called my driver on his cell phone and found where he was located and arranged for him to meet with me. He gave me his cell number and i called him when i was close to where he was located and he met me no problem.

so i drove out there, just to drive a few miles away from my home to meet him. So now for next time at least i have their number and can find out if my package is actually there, arrange to meet the driver (calling the driver is acceptable they told me), or pick up there after the driver is scheduled to come in, etc...

- also, they told me that all drivers at that location as supposed to come back by 8pm with their "will call" items, but sometimes that doesnt happen, or if they are gonna be late, they have to meet with another driver thats inbound to the center and off load their packages to him before continuing their deliveries......

so "usually" at worst case you should be able to get your packages at 8pm at this location if you request will call pick up.

since i got my drivers name and cell number, next time ill call the office and coordinate with WILL and see if its my normal driver that has my package and if hes out and about.......i think knowing that info, will let them arrange for me to meet with the driver like i did last time if this ever happens to me again...

I order a lot of packages, so to me this was super helpful info...

Thought i would share....
-J
Attached Thumbnails
UPS Leon Valley Center - 7129 Eckhert Rd, San Antonio, TX-ups.jpg  
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 06:35 AM

77 posts, read 162,576 times
I've picked up a couple of packages there. Always was told to be there at 8pm when the drivers return.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:29 AM

7 posts, read 53,776 times
^ ya my being told earlier was definitely a mistake on the 1800 UPS call center that called me and said my package would be their earlier...

I'm off of work early afternoon, so for me, calling and coordinating a meet up will be much better than waiting till 8....

-J

Old 03-20-2013, 07:35 AM

545 posts, read 1,061,329 times
After hours pickup with UPS is always a joke. You call the office and they'll tell you to show up after 7. You get there at 7:30, the same guy will swear he has no idea who keeps telling people that. Got fooled by that charade a time or two...

Old 03-21-2013, 02:47 PM

108 posts, read 241,388 times
I usually use Fed-Ex and pick up my packages at the Alamo Downs location off Culebra and 410.

Old 03-17-2017, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 7,674 times
Jasontamu, thanks so much for taking the time to share this information! I had to use it tonight and it worked out beautifully for me. Cody was the person who helped me. Option B was sitting on hold with UPS for 25 minutes. and then being told to wait until Monday to get it. You're a good neighbor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio