Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2010, 11:44 AM

3 posts, read 19,813 times

Advertisements

Just moved here from Tennessee and I'm not yet familiar with what the San Antonio night life offers, so I thought I would come here. I was curious if there are any clubs who cater solely to Electronica (drum n bass, trance, house/electro house/progressive house, breakbeat) type music where the DJ actually SPINS vinyl on turntables. I have a friend in Tennessee who is well known and trying to branch out to other locales outside of Knoxville. I will be receiving a press box from him with CD's etc in a few weeks. Any information would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 03:12 PM

898 posts, read 2,894,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stak_Mak_Million View Post
Just moved here from Tennessee and I'm not yet familiar with what the San Antonio night life offers, so I thought I would come here. I was curious if there are any clubs who cater solely to Electronica (drum n bass, trance, house/electro house/progressive house, breakbeat) type music where the DJ actually SPINS vinyl on turntables. I have a friend in Tennessee who is well known and trying to branch out to other locales outside of Knoxville. I will be receiving a press box from him with CD's etc in a few weeks. Any information would be greatly appreciated
I think you'll have better luck in Austin

Old 07-31-2010, 03:24 PM

4 posts, read 9,355 times
Most of the clubs we have here are techno lounges, and, as far as I am aware, really the only clubs that cater to what you are asking about are the gay clubs. You might try the Bonham on Friday night, though (unofficially, that's straight night).

Old 07-31-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemancer View Post
Most of the clubs we have here are techno lounges, and, as far as I am aware, really the only clubs that cater to what you are asking about are the gay clubs. You might try the Bonham on Friday night, though (unofficially, that's straight night).
You said they were "techno lounges", by saying that do you mean they play "techno" music? I will check out Austin, being it's known for the music scene

Old 07-31-2010, 05:22 PM

580 posts, read 1,429,389 times
There are quite a few places, but whether or not anyone shows up depends on the night.

In downtown proper, there are a number of places--only a couple of which I've ever been to. Bonham is a standby. There's a new one called Cowabunga, and Korova has electronic music regularly (mixed in with live bands). North of downtown, you have Lava Lounge, Web House, Wax Bar, Limelight, and others. I still think Atomix has some electro nights, as does a place called the Thirsty Camel. There might still be a monthly dub step night at Bonds. Farther out than that, there are also places, although the only one I've been to more than once is Industry--lots of people dancing, but not my kind of crowd.

And yes, a lot of dancing goes down at the gay clubs on Main St. I recommend them--no one will care if you're straight.

Yes, Austin has electronic clubs, too, but it gets pretty damn annoying when people in SA who don't go out (at all, apparently) say "check out Austin."

Old 07-31-2010, 05:32 PM

Hahaha. Thank's man, I'll check those places you mentioned out.

Cheers!

Old 07-31-2010, 07:37 PM

359 posts, read 773,632 times
I concur June.
While I make the rounds to the indie dance/electronica clubs in SA- Limelight, Lava Lounge, Industry, Bonham (on ocassion Rebar has an electronica dj), Karova, Atomix, Web House, Thirsty Camel - I still hear that no such clubs exist.

LMAO
are hermits making suggestions?

Old 05-02-2013, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 4,585 times
Default need a good dj that plays lounge music

for a grand opening of beauty store in need a good dj that play some lounge and ambient music .

is some one can help or recommend ?

Old 05-03-2013, 02:55 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,073,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemancer View Post
try to go to the new one in stone oak called "Halo" https://www.facebook.com/HaloLoungeSA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio