Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2014, 05:26 AM

17 posts, read 22,444 times

Advertisements

My family and I are relocating in May to the San Antonio area and will be renting before we buy to learn the area. We have an opportunity to rent a nice home in Universal City but I can not find much information about it. Is Universal City a nice place to live? Is there a higher crime rate than the north central and north west San Antonio areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 05:49 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,804,651 times
Everything that you need is at the site below.

Universal City, TX - Official Website

Old 04-01-2014, 08:42 AM

201 posts, read 280,239 times
It's certainly not a higher crime rate, it's the exact opposite. Be forewarned that if you are looking to do anything close by, you'll be restricted to shopping at chain stores and eating at chain restaurants at the Forum. If that's your cup of tea, have fun! Otherwise, I'd move closer to San Antonio.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:20 AM

951 posts, read 1,262,174 times
There are some smaller places like Four Kings.They serve fresh homemade food everyday I think except Sundays.There is also Pappy G's Soul food,kajun Cuisine ,Bangok Cuisine in Live oak and some mexican and chinese places that aren't chains. They have a library and there is a golf course, several parks,etc.Schertz has a new YMCA,library, and nice parks.Later on we are having the Jazz Alive festival in Schertz park.Universal City has various things in their park as well. You can also drive to New Braunfels (about 12 miles) and go tubing on the Guadalupe River or go to Schlitterbahn(slippyroad in german) which is voted one of the best waterparks in the country on the Comal River. They also have Wurstfest in November. I drive from Schertz to the zoo or botanical garden in San Antonio.
Or check out the movies sometimes at the Alamo Quarry Market.You can also drive about 100 miles away or so to Port Lavaca or go to Lockhart and Luling for Barbecue.I haven;t tried bbq at Manny O's yet but i plan to.It's on Pat Booker by the DMV.
There are several state parks right in this area and you can drive up to Austin too,.
San Antonio has the advantage of taking the bus everywhere in case you don't feel like driving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio