Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 07:17 AM

2 posts, read 2,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Odd - just sent you one......
I think I'm too new to view them. yours isn't appearing in my inbox...edit..I can send them now.

Last edited by tool2269; 06-26-2015 at 07:20 AM.. Reason: new info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 04:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,029 times
Just sent you a PM texas redneck

Old 06-29-2015, 05:04 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,827,375 times
Replied, sir....thank you!

Old 12-28-2016, 07:16 AM

1 posts, read 698 times
I signed up because of this thread and tried to send TexasRedneck a direct message, but received the error:

Sorry, you reached your daily limit of Direct Messages.
Date the restriction will be lifted: in the near future.

Adding my questions here:

I currently have a Waterboss, which is basically worthless. It's been replaced once already, and continues to gum up. 3 person household, 2400sqft house, and I'd say slightly above average water use.

I was at a plumbing parts store today (Ferguson's) and saw a Sumo III on display. I asked a few questions about it, guy said they were alright. Started searching for reviews, and saw your posts within this thread (http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...out-there.html) about a Fleck 5600 control valve. I was wondering if you would be willing / able to answer a few questions I have.

1. I'm not seeing any real history of reviews on the Sumo III, so I'm not completely sold on it or its non-electric style. Do you have any input on it?

2. I see a few different models of the Fleck 5600, namely the Fleck 5600SXT of varying sorts, and all are coming in cheaper than the Sumo III. What Fleck model would you recommend?

3. The house is plumbed and the connection points redone to fit the last Waterboss properly. How difficult would it be to install the Fleck? I saw mentions of you setting up people with installs, but I think you're in NB? I'm in San Antonio.

Cheers,

Old 12-28-2016, 10:00 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,827,375 times
Please see my answers within your quoted message....

[quote=completej;46639466] I signed up because of this thread and tried to send TexasRedneck a direct message, but received the error:

Sorry, you reached your daily limit of Direct Messages.
Date the restriction will be lifted: in the near future.

Adding my questions here:

I currently have a Waterboss, which is basically worthless. It's been replaced once already, and continues to gum up. 3 person household, 2400sqft house, and I'd say slightly above average water use.

I was at a plumbing parts store today (Ferguson's) and saw a Sumo III on display. I asked a few questions about it, guy said they were alright. Started searching for reviews, and saw your posts within this thread (http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...out-there.html) about a Fleck 5600 control valve. I was wondering if you would be willing / able to answer a few questions I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by completej View Post
1. I'm not seeing any real history of reviews on the Sumo III, so I'm not completely sold on it or its non-electric style. Do you have any input on it?
Did a little research....let me just say that it's not anything I'd be willing to put my - or my sons' - name on.(yeah, getting ready for that generational hand-off....lol)

Quote:
2. I see a few different models of the Fleck 5600, namely the Fleck 5600SXT of varying sorts, and all are coming in cheaper than the Sumo III. What Fleck model would you recommend?
I swear by the 5600 VALVE - but NOT their electronic controller. I prefer their analog style controller, period. I've repaired the analog style - but REPLACE the electronic one - and they're more $$$, and aren't nearly as robust. I've got analogs out there that are 30+ years old.

Quote:
3. The house is plumbed and the connection points redone to fit the last Waterboss properly. How difficult would it be to install the Fleck? I saw mentions of you setting up people with installs, but I think you're in NB? I'm in San Antonio.

Cheers,
I service Guadalupe, Comal, Bexar, Medina and Kendall counties routinely. I just finished a large install on a ranch outside of Crystal City.....so you're REALLY close!

Feel free to email me if you wish - gmandry@satx.rr.com - I'd be happy to give you more specific info, and answer any questions!

George
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio