Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 12:57 AM

48 posts, read 252,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLikeAGradStudent View Post
No way this becomes the premier area of San Antonio. Schools aside, one of the keys to location is elevation, and the Southside doesn't have it. As long as people literally and figuratively want to live above other people, flat areas will not be as popular as those higher.
Uh, yes, way, and it is happening. It distrubs me greatly that there are people who live in this day and age who believe those on the south side are substandard. Please - give me a break. Okay, the homes aren't "Dominion" or "Stone Oak" homes, but they are homes nonetheless. And the growth rate is phenomenal. I get a humongous laugh when I hear all of the businesses owners and retailers acting totally astonished at the unbelievable "boom" of business they have and how quicly they are turning profits (and none too small). Uh, where exactly did everyone think we were eating, shopping, buying books, etc.????? I've long held the belief that if those in the decision making seats would "just build it" the people would come. And come they have!!!!

Oh, and there is some elevation. Obviously not nearly as high (or mighty) as that you hold most dear. Just remember, living on a higher hill doesn't make you a better person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2007, 09:39 PM

89 posts, read 353,857 times
I'd like to see it in 10-15 years...It's going to take time to become "premier" you can't just slap in a neiman marcus...a bloomingdales...and a couple of fancy steakhouses and expect people to spend $...It's going to have to establish itself first..But atleast this is better than nothing happening at all.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:06 AM

2,703 posts, read 3,424,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
I think you're wrong big time. It'll be a premier location because it'll provide real dense urban living. Which is right now a great quailty of life. Elevation has to be one of the least factors, if it is even one.

Not to mention the south side isn't "flat" it has hills (not large ones) but ther eis elevation to the land down there.
You sure about that? I have a hard time thinking this will match an area like Uptown Dallas, Midtown Houston, or even Downtown Austin. This sounds like townhomes and apartments being squeezed together.

I am glad this is happening for SA's south side. The metro area is already lop-sided in growth, maybe this could help it even out.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:55 PM

30 posts, read 118,360 times
Default What do you think 210 or anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
I disagree. Just look at the far west side, nice, clean, growing fast. The inner west side (probably the worst area of San Antonio) didn't hinder the far west side's growth.

This is the same with City South.

City South is everything south of 410, which right now is just rural farm land and a few homes here and there.

The current Southside (inner south side and south central) has an unfair rep because of some of its history. Yes I classified some of it as a "avoid" area in my map. Honestly, not because it's incredibly violent and unsafe, but because of the the shape of homes and its a very very blue collar area of the city. It's an area wrapped in rich cultural history that quite frankly natives to the south side would understand/accept/like.

Again, that's just the "south side" (inner south and south central SA) the southeast and to some degree the southwest (although home to a lot of industrial and miltary facilities) are quite the opposite.
We are planning on moving my husband will be relocating with us from pa he will be working in san antonio (he is white collar) my children need to attend school, we are planning on renting untill we can find on area to build.

My question is what is the best area and school and renting wise for us?

I'm reading all these things and i'm so confused.

Please help.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:45 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,424,536 times
Try out west, or northwest. I have heard that Northside I.S.D. is good.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:21 PM

562 posts, read 661,457 times
The SOUTH side premier? Hardly! hahaha

Old 03-11-2007, 09:23 PM

562 posts, read 661,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA123 View Post
We are planning on moving my husband will be relocating with us from pa he will be working in san antonio (he is white collar) my children need to attend school, we are planning on renting untill we can find on area to build.

My question is what is the best area and school and renting wise for us?

I'm reading all these things and i'm so confused.

Please help.
The best area of San Antonio is the North Side. It's where all the money is, the school systems are doing well there and your kids will not have to carry knives or guns to school.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:44 PM
210 210 started this thread

1,722 posts, read 2,249,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
You sure about that? I have a hard time thinking this will match an area like Uptown Dallas, Midtown Houston, or even Downtown Austin. This sounds like townhomes and apartments being squeezed together.

I am glad this is happening for SA's south side. The metro area is already lop-sided in growth, maybe this could help it even out.
I never meant it to sound like it's going to be something like that.

I mean dense in the number of people per sq. mile and urban in the walkability of its design.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:46 PM
210 210 started this thread

1,722 posts, read 2,249,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
The SOUTH side premier? Hardly! hahaha

Thanks for the informative and quality post.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:35 AM

2,027 posts, read 7,031,368 times
Check out the Espada development's website - Espada

The project will house up to 25,000 residents and brings a level of development not yet seen in South San Antonio.

The Preserve at Medina River - The Preserve at Medina River

These developments are long overdue and should do well to help bridge the gap between North and South San Antonio. Toyota and the new housing, office, and retail projects will gain South San Antonio a lot of respect. I've voiced my opinion on the A&M campus, but nonetheless it will provide more jobs and inject money into the area. With Riverwalk extensions (both North and South) further linking the city and admirable growth now occurring across all fronts of the city who can stop us?

Official City South website - City South - San Antonio

Last edited by tgannaway89; 05-22-2008 at 02:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio