Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 10:30 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times

Advertisements

Not saying the victim deserved what he got, but I find it hard to believe all of that initiated just over eye contact as he claims. I think there is more to the story on how this got started.

I am glad the suspect got caught. He deserves to go away for a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 12:02 PM

437 posts, read 639,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Not saying the victim deserved what he got, but I find it hard to believe all of that initiated just over eye contact as he claims. I think there is more to the story on how this got started.

I am glad the suspect got caught. He deserves to go away for a long time.
There are people out there who have nothing to lose. About 15 years ago I honked at a guy for swerving in my lane. He threw a bottle at my car then drove into a parking lot. I followed him and he tried to turn around in his Ford Explorer and ram into my car. Luckily I moved in time. Dumb of me to follow but I was a young college student. I don't even honk these days. People are crazy. I hope the suspect in the story above gets put away for a very long time. He had no shame in what he was doing.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:20 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,630,701 times
I don't enjoy driving anymore! Every day it's some bad encounter I come face to face with. I drive a small car and never get on the freeways now. They run you over, even if you are going the speed limit!

Old 10-05-2015, 06:15 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
^^^ And this all is somehow exclusively happening in San Antonio? In other cities/counties/states people drive better???
I don't understand the constant moaning about how bad people drive in San Antonio. Check other forums, folks - everywhere the same situations/same complains.
People in the US just drive like that. Everywhere. There is no discipline, no obeying the driving rules, and everyone thinks whatever they do wrong, they can fight in the court. People cruise in the left lane, they don't keep both hands on the wheel, and they don't act predictably. You never know what the guy behind you's up to, and you are not sure what the guy ahead of you's up to. That’s what we have to deal with here, and nothing will change till road rage will be treated as felony assault with a deadly weapon.
We are a nation of poorly trained drivers who drink coffee, talk/text on mobile phones, eat, shave, put on makeup, play with the CD changer, and don't obey the laws, because we just get a lawyer, and argue in the courts.

I've driven a lot overseas. Our average American wouldn't stand a chance over there. We have what we have here - drivers with bad habits, so stop moaning...

BTW: San Antonio isn't the worst city. You want to know which is? Read this Road Rage Survey:
http://www.autovantage.com/roadrage.html

Last edited by elnina; 10-05-2015 at 06:24 PM..

Old 10-05-2015, 06:38 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,196,629 times
Ah yeah...open up something like the Autobahn here in the states and stand back and watch the carnage.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:57 PM

905 posts, read 1,631,697 times
What drives me crazy is when you exit the freeway some dum a** is on the feeder road not yielding for you as you exit.
Also, I see more people texting while driving, completely ignoring the law and because of this, my horn has become my friend, and now I do honk at people while texting and driving.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:10 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Where did she say it was exclusive to San Antonio? Wow..calm down.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:19 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,063,686 times
....and everyone in this thread is a perfect driver. I'm sure more than one of you has done some of these crazy things, yet no one admits it.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:21 PM

422 posts, read 757,083 times
IMO this town has some of the most aggressive drivers I have ever seen an I have been to around 25 countries and many states in the US. I try to drive early like 6am to get to work and then I have to deal with 18 wheelers who are just as bad as the other drivers. Never been involved in RR because I have government plates so for the most part people leave me alone. I always drive the speed limit and it burns people like crazy but if you can't drive the speed limit and wish to do 10-15 miles above the speed limit that person probably shouldn't be on the road. RR is bad in this town wish it was different.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:20 AM

355 posts, read 1,375,317 times
Some people think if they drive really close to me it will make me go faster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio