Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 08:52 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,411,473 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...077d1#comments

The sorriest thing is that vehicles came to the truck and picked up some of the survivors while leaving the victims to perish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 11:00 AM

4,064 posts, read 5,648,652 times
I feel so sorry for the victims of this horrific crime!

Old 07-23-2017, 12:07 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,784,667 times
Me too. It doesn't make sense to me why they stayed in the trailer unless the driver was forcing them to stay in the trailer somehow.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:19 PM

9,853 posts, read 13,706,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Me too. It doesn't make sense to me why they stayed in the trailer unless the driver was forcing them to stay in the trailer somehow.
Having a chance to get across the border in unsafe conditions and be able to send back some safety and security to my family or die point blank by being shot to death by a gang leader? I don't know which I would choose...

Last edited by ashbeeigh; 07-23-2017 at 01:56 PM..

Old 07-23-2017, 01:41 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,393,678 times
Default Locked in,

Tractor trailer rigs bolt shut from the outside. With a heavy double steel bolt. This coupled with a
heavy lock , say master type lock, keeps thieves out and still leaves an entrance for the driver with a key. It was an oven with no exit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post

Old 07-23-2017, 01:50 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,393,678 times
Default Desperate times,

Call for desperate measures. These folks are forced by circumstance, utter poverty, to make these oft deadly journeys toward the beckoning beacon. $7000.00 a Guatemalan who was doing landscaping in my yard paid, to be conducted here to the States by Coyotes. A lifetime of savings for someone with no money.
This guy said he had a manually operated brick making machine and so in this manner he saved for years.
Said he was in business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Having a chance to get across the border in unsafe conditions and be able to send back some safety and security to my familyor die point blank by being shot to death by a gang leader? I don't know which I would choose...

Old 07-23-2017, 01:57 PM

9,853 posts, read 13,706,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
Call for desperate measures. These folks are forced by circumstance, utter poverty, to make these oft deadly journeys toward the beckoning beacon. $7000.00 a Guatemalan who was doing landscaping in my yard paid, to be conducted here to the States by Coyotes. A lifetime of savings for someone with no money.
This guy said he had a manually operated brick making machine and so in this manner he saved for years.
Said he was in business.

I agree. I have a few clients that are under ICE supervision seeking asylum through the right processes and hearing their desperation is sickening. No one deserves to live in that type of world.

Old 07-23-2017, 02:15 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,045,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Having a chance to get across the border in unsafe conditions and be able to send back some safety and security to my family or die point blank by being shot to death by a gang leader? I don't know which I would choose...
If they're going to be shot to death, the gang leaders are what, giving them a head start? I'm not sure I understand the scenario but I'm willing to hear you out.

And don't they know what a backwoods backwards racist and bigoted country we are? Or do they only hear the good reviews?

Old 07-23-2017, 03:01 PM

61,745 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Please stay on topic and be respectful. This is not a general immigration forum. Please discuss this event only.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:43 PM

61,745 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
Tractor trailer rigs bolt shut from the outside. With a heavy double steel bolt. This coupled with a
heavy lock , say master type lock, keeps thieves out and still leaves an entrance for the driver with a key. It was an oven with no exit.
"At some point, somehow, one of the passengers got out of the trailer and asked a Walmart employee for water."

Not sure how this happened. Perhaps others were to weak/sick to get out?
Where is the info about trailer rigs bolt shut from the outside?

There are mixed messages about the person asking for water:

Iowa license plate found on tractor-trailer smuggling immigrants

Update: 10 dead now, and we know who was the driver:

The driver of the vehicle, 60-year-old James M. Bradley Jr. of Florida, was booked into a federal jail in San Antonio on Sunday morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio