Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 04:36 AM

448 posts, read 702,535 times

Advertisements

completely agree on the bad drivers out there. So why would you want to decriminalize bad driving that you say you hate? I want a cop to give those bad drivers a REAL ticket they can't ignore, one where they will get arrested if they don't pay that is a lot more than $75 in the mail. I want a cop to pull them over, look for intoxication, arrest warrants, illegal drugs or weapons in the car, you know, actually take the criminals off the road. Why are you against that while supporting the city breaking the law by putting these cameras up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormNinja View Post
I hope TX puts up more and more Red Light Cameras. Observing by the way some people drive here, Texting and Driving is the norm here apparently, Reckless speeding and cutting other drivers off is completely tolerated, I see so many low-life's go through Red Lights and and purposefully drive through Red lights, it is absolutely mind boggling by the disregards for law and and safety of others. Yes start installing real lights cameras and start issuing tickets. Why not, should we just sit and wait until someone gets killed because some people are just so uncivilized and only care about themselves. We lose more people on the road every year in TX about 3,500. Do the math, more people die on the roads due to reckless driving then people fighting on the battlefield.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:51 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,119,686 times
We need red light and speeding cameras all over this city. Not just Leon Valley. Pay up, fool. You won't be able to renew your registration once they start charging you with them.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:05 AM

I think we need cops issuing real tickets to those fools, not something they can just throw away and ignore..You can ALWAYS renew your registration even with outstanding red light camera tickets. Many counties like Tarrant, Denton, Harris, Montgomery and more will never deny your renewal with outstanding camera tickets. In counties that don't have a policy of automatically approving renewals with registration holds there are several things to do to renew like mail in the renewal, go in person to the tax office etc. The only way it gets blocked is if they try to renew online or at a grocery store. Since they ticket the owner of the vehicle not the driver and the system makes a lot of mistakes with identifying vehicles and violations you just may get caught up unfairly with one of those tickets. If so I support your right to pay the optional ticket. Anyone else can take advantage of the state law protections which make sure you don't have to pay it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfearless View Post
We need red light and speeding cameras all over this city. Not just Leon Valley. Pay up, fool. You won't be able to renew your registration once they start charging you with them.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:40 PM

This is interesting, the Leon Valley PD has a page on their website with a FAQ section, one question is what happens if someone ignores the notice of violation. There's nothing about getting sued, nothing about registration not being blocked, nothing about drivers license being unrenewable, nothing but they will add a late fee to the $75 making it $100. And since state law maxes it out at that it can't go up from there. Seems like if everything the local expert with unnamed sources and fake news says were true the Leon Valley PD might know about it.

http://www.leonvalleytexas.gov/gover...ge%20Final.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Never pay a red light camera ticket! Unenforceable. (merged/updated)-leon-valley-faq.png  

Old 06-06-2018, 12:56 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,925,997 times
I'd be willin' to bet that if you don't pay that ticket in Leon Valley, God help yer ass if you stopped for another infraction there. FWIW, TexasRedneck is more than qualified to give the correct answer. I'd heed what he says REAL CLOSE.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:16 PM

OK I got $100 that says you won't find anyone that was harassed by the PD when pulled over for a routine stop in the next 6 months. How that? You get a complaint filed or cell phone video or something and I will pay up, at the end of 6 months if you can't then you owe me $100 fair enough?

If he is qualified to give the correct answer why is he constantly saying things that I can prove are untrue? Between the two of us only one person (me) has backed up what they said with quotes from state law, documents from the city, news articles and even a link to a lawyers page. The ONLY things he has said are verifiably untrue.

Please PM me your real name and phone and email so we can set up the details for this bet you offered. I will be happy to reply. We can even set up an escrow if you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
I'd be willin' to bet that if you don't pay that ticket in Leon Valley, God help yer ass if you stopped for another infraction there. FWIW, TexasRedneck is more than qualified to give the correct answer. I'd heed what he says REAL CLOSE.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:58 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Nope - TrapperL, PD won't say a word to you if you have outstanding Red Light violations - it IS a civil matter. By the same token, they may not be as inclined to "cut you some slack", either.

As to "proving" anything - I've nothing to prove. Folks are free to do as they wish. I simply noted that you sound a lot like the folks that tell you you don't have to pay your income taxes to the IRS. You tend to tell partial truths, leave out details, etc. I simply state what the facts are, and it's up to folks to decide what to do from there. Just like your claim that since the city doesn't say anything about enforcement action, there's not going to be any. All I can say is, that's not correct - the city does plan to file on folks to block both registration and license renewal. You can choose to believe that or not - I frankly don't care, because you're just not worth the headache.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:49 PM

814 posts, read 676,477 times
A couple or three more cities copying LV and the state legislaature will finally shut this down.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:53 PM

No, of course you don't have to prove anything you claim, I already disproved it but nothing would require it, it's a free country you are free to lie all you want. But an honest person with integrity would back up their claims with facts documents etc. You said you had a source that you can't produce, you said your drivers license won't be renewed after 4 years without saying where that comes from even though the law says otherwise. And the capper is you actually confirm what I said that RIGHT NOW Leon Valley isn't reporting unpaid tickets to the state so RIGHT NOW your registration will have absolutely NO WAY of getting blocked because Leon Valley isn't reporting it RIGHT NOW.

When you say they PLAN TO in THE FUTURE that necessarily means they are NOT blocking them now, get it yet? Of course at some point when their collections are dropped to around other cities around 50% or less they will have to pay the state to block registrations to keep their profits up since that is their main purpose with this scam. When they do some people not knowing better will go ahead and pay. Of course we will still be out there helping thousands of drivers renew their registrations even when they are reported to the state.

Apparently I have been worth the headache for you for about 4 pages now. So it sounds like you are getting tired of seeing your butt in your hand and are running away. But feel free to come back and keep bumping the thread for me all you want.

Good news, the trashyourticket.com team is going to be in Leon Valley soon at red light camera locations handing out free bumper stickers and doing a sign wave to let people know they NEVER have to pay a SCAMera ticket. Stop on by I will give you a bumper sticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Nope - TrapperL, PD won't say a word to you if you have outstanding Red Light violations - it IS a civil matter. By the same token, they may not be as inclined to "cut you some slack", either.

As to "proving" anything - I've nothing to prove. Folks are free to do as they wish. I simply noted that you sound a lot like the folks that tell you you don't have to pay your income taxes to the IRS. You tend to tell partial truths, leave out details, etc. I simply state what the facts are, and it's up to folks to decide what to do from there. Just like your claim that since the city doesn't say anything about enforcement action, there's not going to be any. All I can say is, that's not correct - the city does plan to file on folks to block both registration and license renewal. You can choose to believe that or not - I frankly don't care, because you're just not worth the headache.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:02 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Yep - you're exactly what I thought.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio