Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 12:28 PM

431 posts, read 1,204,462 times

Advertisements

Any promos for new customers? My Time Warner bill just went from $130ish (with taxes) to $205!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 04:51 PM

443 posts, read 1,506,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heimerswt View Post
Any promos for new customers? My Time Warner bill just went from $130ish (with taxes) to $205!!!!
yes att has a promo til end of may, $150 rebate and one month free tv service... and they had extrac $50 more but expired last 5/2.
i was able to order before 5/2 so i'm getting a total of $200 rebate plus one month free.. they will be installing at my house this week... i switched from time warner ...

Old 05-09-2008, 12:51 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,820,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winst0n View Post
yes att has a promo til end of may, $150 rebate and one month free tv service... and they had extrac $50 more but expired last 5/2.
i was able to order before 5/2 so i'm getting a total of $200 rebate plus one month free.. they will be installing at my house this week... i switched from time warner ...
After you've had the chance to evaluate it update us on how the install went and your impressions of the service.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:36 PM

144 posts, read 687,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winst0n View Post
You should just call Time Warner and tell them that you want your old contract back or you will go to uverse. Thats what i did and they have me all three plus extras for $112. Uverse has too many cons with it, you can only watch one hd channel at a time and you can only have 4 or 5 tvs. You also have to seriously upgrade AT&t internet in order to get the same speed TXC offers. I do alot of Ebay and online gaming so i need speed. I dunno that was enough for me to stay with TWC.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:56 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,836,992 times
I had U-verse for about 6 months last year, they hooked it up, Feb 1, 07, Phone, Internet, TV, 7 TV converters, 1 DVR, my Promo bill for 6 months was $114 a month. I had to pay for the extra 3 tv converters. Also you can only watch 4 different channels in the house, including the one the DVR is on, if it is recording, so if you have a house full of kids, beware. After the promo, my bill was going up to $275 a month, went back to TWC, $107 a month, HBO, Showtime, and 7 tvs, internet, Telephone, DVR, no hassles with as many different channels as I want at a time.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:47 PM

443 posts, read 1,506,303 times
ok... u-verse was installed and i had it for about a week now...
so far so good... i like it... and as somebody requested, here's my review...

stuffs i like:

1. i find their interface (menu) interestingly good... like when you are surfing for channels through the guide, it has pip (picture-in-picture) of the channel that is highlighted...
2. channel guides loads significanly faster than time warner, as well as switching channels ... time warner is slower...
3. you can schedule your dvr online, edit/delete recorded shows... so in case you
forgot to record a show and won't be home soon, you can do so from work or anywhere... time warner don't have that...
4. i'm not so sure but i find the quality of the picture slightly better/clearer/brighter... they said they are 100% digital....
5. has some cool interactive features like access photos from flickr, yellow pages and even some yahoo internet/network games (i have yet to try these)

drawbacks:

1. u can only record 1 HD channel at a time... but so is time warner... but att said by october it will increase to 6 HD channels... with regular channels i think upto 3...
2. the modem is like the central control, like when i reboot or turn the power off, the tv froze?!
3. all tv needs a box to work... with time warner, u can still hookup ur tv to the cable without the box, and still get at least the 1-99 channels...
4. having said that, only 1 box is free, 5/month for additional box...

overall im happy... the base rate 84/month for u-200 is not a promotional rate so it won't expire... i ended up paying almost same monthly with time warner but i have more channels... not counting the 200 rebate i will get...

Old 05-16-2008, 09:26 PM
cwh

345 posts, read 945,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheed1 View Post
You should just call Time Warner and tell them that you want your old contract back or you will go to uverse. Thats what i did and they have me all three plus extras for $112. Uverse has too many cons with it, you can only watch one hd channel at a time and you can only have 4 or 5 tvs. You also have to seriously upgrade AT&t internet in order to get the same speed TXC offers. I do alot of Ebay and online gaming so i need speed. I dunno that was enough for me to stay with TWC.
2HD is being rolled out right now and probably will be available by months end.
Some markets already have it.

As far as internet goes, both TW and ATT have similar speed packages. TW has a slight advantage on the top tier for speed(15/2 vs 10/1.5), but nothing that would affect performance of games or ebay.

Winston,

I really doubt we are going to be seeing 6HD from u-verse for a while. I think we will be quite lucky to see 3 or 4 HD streams by year end. Maybe we will see a 3HD/6SD profile.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:08 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,954 times
Old thread, but I just wanted to point out that my upload speed problem with TWC was my fault, not theirs... so now I'm getting the full standard speeds. LOVES IT~

For $30 a month, you can do no better in San Anton.

I was just checking cwh's listed speeds, and apparently, 15/2 is not available to all TWC customers. I checked my neighbor's house online and the best they offer is 10/1 Premium in this area. Anyone live in an area of SA where TWC offers more? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:02 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,836,992 times

Mine is pretty good too.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:56 PM

107 posts, read 424,200 times
OK guys, we are moving to SA this summer and your speeds arent close to ours in Delaware. We hate Comcast, but it looks like our speeds are much better, what gives? Is yours like a low RR basic plan? anyone on Uverse can post their speeds?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio