Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2008, 02:36 PM

35 posts, read 175,517 times

Advertisements

Which resorts in the Hill Country area are best for a fun weekend with little kids? I have stayed at Westin La Cantera in San Antonio and really liked it. However, I thought it would be fun to try a new place. I have heard good things about Hyatt Hill Country and Hyatt Lost Pines. Lost Pines charges a lot - $320 for the weekend in September I looked at. There also appears to be a nice Marriott Resort on Horeshoe Bay, but I have not heard much about that. I'd love some recommendations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 08:33 PM

409 posts, read 1,561,073 times
We have also been to Lost Pines and it is really a great place! We enjoyed watching the families with children enjoy the weekend! The spa is awesome!!!!! We live very close to Hill Country Resort and haven't been there yet. Have a great time!

Old 04-18-2008, 07:48 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,448,856 times
Here is an AWESOME looking place we intend to try soon...you can even see bald eagles there and they have a observatory for star gazing!!!

Texas Hill Country Resorts, Lake Buchanan Family Vacations, Reunions-Canyon of the Eagles

Old 04-18-2008, 08:06 AM

796 posts, read 3,048,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Here is an AWESOME looking place we intend to try soon...you can even see bald eagles there and they have a observatory for star gazing!!!

Texas Hill Country Resorts, Lake Buchanan Family Vacations, Reunions-Canyon of the Eagles
I have been there. It is beautiful. I did not stay in the resort part, though, I went for the camping/fishing experience. The water was low and there were a lot of debris in the water so we had to drive down the main road to one of the other places. The road that you turn on to get there (it is about 8 miles all the way to the end of the road) was under some construction. I think it should be done by now, they were widening the lanes.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:17 PM

791 posts, read 3,959,211 times
I have heard that Escondida, the resort built by Texas Country Reporter's Bob Phillips, is very nice. Escondida: The Texas Country Reporter Hacienda It's just south of Kerrville near Medina. For a small Hill Country area boutique spa/resport, the rates are a little more than I would expect ($299/nt) and spa prices are just as high as at any hotel spa in one of the SA-area resort hotels... I was wondering if anyone has stayed there and what your opinion was?

Old 04-20-2008, 07:02 AM

67 posts, read 274,924 times
Try the Flying "L" Guest Ranch

Old 08-12-2008, 01:16 PM

35 posts, read 175,517 times
Just thought I'd answer my own question for those of you who are interested. We decided to try out the Hyatt Hill Country next to Sea World. This was the PERFECT place for the kiddos. This resort really caters to the kids' needs. They had a little persons buffett at dinner. They also let you bring floats and toys in the pools. The lazy river was clean and safe, even for my 2 and 5 year olds. The kids loved the sandbox and the play ground, not to mention the tire swing and nature trail. The homemade smores by the campfire was a fun event -- at no cost, I might add. The kids also had fun watching animated movies on the outdoor movie screen. I really cannot say enough. It was not a cheap room, by any means, but you seriously never needed to leave the resort to have a wonderful vacation.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:37 PM

409 posts, read 1,561,073 times
Great info and I am so glad you had an enjoyable time at Hill Country Resort! Will keep this in mind, for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio