Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2008, 09:04 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
thanks for sharing fierce. That cherry blossom is going to look great when you get it finished and I can't wait to see it. I for some reason find it really hot to see women with tattoos of women on them.. I tried explaining it to my wife, but she doesn't get it and calls me a freak.. I really like that idea you have and the music notes would also look really great, except maybe more around the stomach to side and a little lower. From what I've heard the side hurts the most, but it looks great on women.

As far as mine, I have to wait until Tuesday. The artist wants to show me a better version of what I want, but didn't have time to search for it this weekend. He said business has been really heavy lately. I could also ask him about fixing other artists work. I'm sure he wouldn't mind because he realizes the value of the $ and he does great work.
I have a thing for guys with tats and piercings but my hubby doesn't want any. Boo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 09:28 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,292,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
thanks for sharing fierce. That cherry blossom is going to look great when you get it finished and I can't wait to see it. I for some reason find it really hot to see women with tattoos of women on them.. I tried explaining it to my wife, but she doesn't get it and calls me a freak.. I really like that idea you have and the music notes would also look really great, except maybe more around the stomach to side and a little lower. From what I've heard the side hurts the most, but it looks great on women.

As far as mine, I have to wait until Tuesday. The artist wants to show me a better version of what I want, but didn't have time to search for it this weekend. He said business has been really heavy lately. I could also ask him about fixing other artists work. I'm sure he wouldn't mind because he realizes the value of the $ and he does great work.
The stomach picture is just an example of the notes/stars that I want... it would be smaller and on my right arm, surrounding the pin-up girl. My belly/side is too much of a mommy belly for tattoos at this point... lol.

Please do ask your artist about finishing up my sand dollar! It's driving me nuts.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:06 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,774,649 times
sooooo, just generally speaking.... how much would it cost to get a tatoo that covers the average man's upper arm/bicep, with, let's say, three different colors and slightly above average complexity???
just curious.....

Old 06-09-2008, 09:15 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,383,829 times
for mine, the first one (the dragons) was more expensive than the second, but that's probably because I was a new customer. By the second one I had brought quite a bit of business with me, so the price went down and the third one tomorrow is going to be even less.
I would say it's going to be at least $200 and a lot of the price depends on the location. A nice flat, open area will be far less than a very private area, especially if the artist doesn't want to do it. Mine told me his boss forced them to do both males and females if they wanted to pierce, because most would only do females. So he just jacked up his rate for males and a "private" piercing would be at least $1000 if he did it.. I don't blame him either. and he said he has done several of those tattoos and people will pay thousands of dollars for it..

Old 06-09-2008, 02:13 PM

111 posts, read 392,302 times
I have to agree with Jules, I think this thread rocks, even without everyones pics. I love seeing the pics.. but sharing ideas, stories, etc is great. Plus it gets you all jacked up to get another one. Hmm that could be a bad thing. $$$$! If you think the thread sucks without the pics, then don't visit it. Some people have to find something to b**ch about it appears.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:42 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,292,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
sooooo, just generally speaking.... how much would it cost to get a tatoo that covers the average man's upper arm/bicep, with, let's say, three different colors and slightly above average complexity???
just curious.....
Well if it gives you any idea, I paid $200 for the cherry blossoms on my bicep that are not finished and don't completely cover my arm. No, I'm not a guy, but I don't have a typical dainty woman's upper arm either. I'll probably pay another $150 or 200 to finish it! Overall that seems high to me based on what I've paid for my others, but I would still guess at least $400 for what you're describing, if not more.

Last edited by fierce_flawless; 06-09-2008 at 02:58 PM..

Old 06-09-2008, 02:52 PM

it is art and that usually is far from free. I would recommend worrying more about the artist than the $, because it is a forever kinda thing. Definitely make sure they have a portfolio and look at how straight the lines are and how detailed they can get plus make sure it appeals to you. Some people have great talent, but their specialties are not what I'm looking for. The best test for an artist (IMO) is how their free hand is. Tracing a stencil is one thing, but actually drawing out the whole piece is talent.

and I encouraged pictures because I wanted local participation because I didn't want the thread moving to a more general location. I also think giving advice and sharing stories is a good idea, just as long as it gets to stay in the SA section.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:49 PM

Got my latest today and it turned out perfect as usual. I told him about the sand dollar thing before we started, but totally forgot to show it to him after we were done. I spent about 1.5+ on my stomach and when I got up I was very dizzy and was lucky enough to make it out the door. I'm sure he could do the fix though; he's really good and another artist was in the room and complimented the cover-up he did for me.
I don't have a picture yet because I just got it, but I'll have one soon enough. Next one is going to be the girl shooting herself in the head and butterflies coming out..
odd part this time was the pain actually felt good. The other part of my arm is hurting from being in an abnormal position, but the needles really felt good..

Old 06-10-2008, 03:59 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,874 times
If I recall(because it's been a while since my last tat) the coloring needles feel fine. It's the outlining that hurts like a bish! But only in certain areas.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:05 PM

It all felt good for some reason and most of it was towards the back of the tricep, which normally doesn't feel so good. It's definitely an addiction for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio