Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 01:21 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,177,198 times

Advertisements

I understand there's going to be a new development on the west side of I-35 at Pat Booker. TxDOT is even reconfiguring the interchange there to provide access. But I haven't been able to find anything about it. Anyone got any info on it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 01:50 PM

545 posts, read 2,283,432 times
I wondered what was going on with the entrance ramp...I drive by it every day. Now I know, but I haven't seen any signs for construction of the development or anything yet.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:36 PM

58 posts, read 132,879 times
I drove by it this morning, and it looks like they're adding a light there

I don't see why they want to SLOW DOWN (and STOP) traffic that's going from Pat Booker to I-35 south.

I found this topic trying to search for what the final plan is for that area, haha!

Old 10-03-2008, 10:35 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,779,323 times
Is it the Live Oak Town Center?

Old 10-07-2008, 09:38 AM

58 posts, read 132,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
Is it the Live Oak Town Center?
According to this site, It looks like you're right: Live Oak Economic Development Corporation - Community Profile. I have to say, this is a little disappointing, mainly because I used the Pat Booker/I35 south connection all the time, and adding that light there (not to mention the sharp turns that are now on Pat booker before reaching the southbound access road) are a big pain in the rear. The old system worked just fine, and they could have just as easily tied entrance to the "Town Center" into the overpass just south of that. Just my two cents, but I'm using the cloverleaf now to get on I-35 south, as the new one just sucks.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optichris View Post
I drove by it this morning, and it looks like they're adding a light there

I don't see why they want to SLOW DOWN (and STOP) traffic that's going from Pat Booker to I-35 south.

I found this topic trying to search for what the final plan is for that area, haha!
Ask and you shall receive! Here is the plan from TxDOT. I had to "sew" two pages together, so that's why there a little mismatched seam in the middle.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:16 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,586,220 times
TexHwyMan, do you have any documentation on the new IH37 and SE Military interchange. They are supposed to be changing it from a cloverleaf to a diamond type arrangement. I've been watching them do the modification but I'm having a hard figuring out how it's going to work. I'm hoping it's not going to be one of those things that gets improved to the point of uselessness.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
TexHwyMan, do you have any documentation on the new IH37 and SE Military interchange. They are supposed to be changing it from a cloverleaf to a diamond type arrangement. I've been watching them do the modification but I'm having a hard figuring out how it's going to work. I'm hoping it's not going to be one of those things that gets improved to the point of uselessness.
You bet. I have my misgivings about the Pat Booker project, but the I-37/Military project is a good improvement. The existing cloverleaf bumps right-up against the Goliad intersection on the west and the Glasgow/Pickwell intersection on the east. This causes traffic from those outer right-turn ramps to get dumped onto Military with little room to smoothly merge or move over to the left if they want to make a left at those intersections. When there wasn't a lot of traffic in that area, this was a minimal issue. But with the growth of that area recently, especially on the Goliad side, this has caused big problems. By converting to a diamond interchange, it triples the amount of room for drivers to merge and make any necessary lane changes. Plus there will be additional turn lanes, turnarounds, and additional room to store waiting traffic. That should really loosen things up in that area and improve overall safety.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:56 PM

1,893 posts, read 5,586,220 times
So if you were going south on 37 and needed to turn east on SE Military you would exit SE Military where there would be a traffic light controlling left and right turns onto military. You would make a left and go to the next light that is controlling the traffic entering and exiting the northbound lanes of 37. I am assuming there will be 4 lanes exiting southbound at Military. One for right turns to Goliad, one for straight and left, one for left and one for the turn around. That will be much better than the one single lane for everybody that they have now. Most everyone using that exit now is wanting to make a right turn towards Brooks City Base. People in the know avoid that exit and go to BCB via the secret route. Thanks for the drawing. That helps a lot. Do you have any idea when it might be completed?

Old 10-14-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
So if you were going south on 37 and needed to turn east on SE Military you would exit SE Military where there would be a traffic light controlling left and right turns onto military. You would make a left and go to the next light that is controlling the traffic entering and exiting the northbound lanes of 37.
Correct. The lights would operate in tandem like they do at other freeway/surface street intersections.

Quote:
I am assuming there will be 4 lanes exiting southbound at Military. One for right turns to Goliad, one for straight and left, one for left and one for the turn around. That will be much better than the one single lane for everybody that they have now.
In both directions, at the exit itself, there would just be a single lane, but that would quickly flare-out to five lanes: turnaround, left-only, left-straight option, straight-only, and right-only. The right turn lane becomes a dedicated lane on Military. Additionally, there will be a dedicated right-turn lane and dual left-turn lanes from both directions on Military to I-37.

Quote:
Do you have any idea when it might be completed?
Last estimate I saw was for the 4Q of 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio