Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 11:15 AM

1,642 posts, read 4,093,112 times

Advertisements

I dont recall an old Austin Highway PURPLE GARLIC location, but the new one is now open!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 07:36 AM

Stopped into PG the other night for dinner, dining room is about the same at Billy Ts, shaded patio seating was still availible which we took, as there was a nice warm breeze. There is still a large kid's sandbox, but no jungle gym anymore.

We ordered a pizza, sauteed spinach, garlic bread and spag/meat sauce. Food was fine but portions were pretty small. Sauce was fine but not quite as good as I expect from an Italian restuarant. Pasta was a little overcooked. Menu prices were mostly under $10, iced tea was 1.99.

I think thier specialty are sandwiches, there were many good looking subs and paninis on the menu to choose from. I might try those if we return, but for pasta/pizza, I would rather spend a few extra dollars at SORRENTOS, just up the road on Broadway, still my favorite

Old 07-06-2009, 06:53 PM

17 posts, read 42,083 times
I would have to disagree. I love their sauce and think the portion size is the right amount. I think they have the best pizza.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellesatx View Post
I would have to disagree. I love their sauce and think the portion size is the right amount. I think they have the best pizza.
Perhaps we went on a bad nite. We ordered the "full" size garlic bread for $5 (it doesn't come with the plates) and it was half a small loaf. The pasta was in a giant bowl, but only about 1/3 full. I even asked the server about it when she brought it, she said it was a full dinner portion. The $5 spinach was just a few bites on a cup saucer sized plate. The food does taste good, much better than say Olive Garden, might try it again in the fall. I really like the outdoor patio seating.

Have you ever been to SORRENTOS? It's right around the corner on Broadway, they have serious Italian food made by Italians. It's a must try!

Old 08-23-2009, 12:40 AM

2,359 posts, read 6,432,752 times
Well stopped by the PG tonight at WOW, had the worst service ever. The owner personally went and put bread at 3 of 4 tables, guess who he skipped? well he greeted everyone but me and I was very upset at how he was brown nosing at one table, speaking with another and never looked my way. Now I was the only non-anglo person who he did not speak with so just telling you my pov, and afterward he gave homeade cake to everyone but my table. Again very awkward, after waiting 30mins for 2 subs, took them to go. When i got outside I called him on the phone, he apologized to me and would not explain to me why he never greeted me or gave us bread or cake. IMO Craig who is the owner needs to pay attention to everyone not just the large tables, he came across as a jerk after my phone call. Thats my review and I am NEVER stepping foot in that place as long as its a PG.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,326 times
Default Billy T's is re-opening

Hi everyone! My husband owned and operated Billy T's for 15 years and, yes, someone came along and offered him a lot of money and he took it. But anyone who knows him knows he can't sit still.

So after two years of "retirement," he's re-opening!

Billy T's will be located in the Carousel Court shopping center across the street from the Oak Park HEB at Nacogdoches and N. New Braunfels. He's getting everything ready now and the restaurant should be open around March 20!

See you all there!

Carole Miller

Old 02-19-2010, 12:59 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,733,223 times
That's good news, but going from the previous building to the newer building is going to make things look a lot different. Is it the space that the breakfast place was at? Billy T's will no longer be a burger joint, more like a burger bistro

Old 02-19-2010, 02:59 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,439,361 times
Ha, the original purple garlic was located in carosel court back in the early 90s how funny.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:17 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,432,752 times
Good to see Billy T's is back I miss their burgers.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:01 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,409,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
Ha, the original purple garlic was located in carosel court back in the early 90s how funny.

......but in different locations in the Court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio