Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 12:55 AM

254 posts, read 548,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Well....hello there Hound 109! You have officially gotten my attention. From the Handbook of Texas Online, RE: Randolph, it said that Randolph ended 28 years of Aviation Medicine in 1959. The years I remember this "graveyard" would have been between 65-68. Apparently, the Aviation Medicine testing/ Aerospace Medicine was moved out or was combined with Brooks AFB when it ended at Randolph. The article you referenced was very interesting because of this specific information:

BTW - I did get an email from a friend who was also based at Randolph at that time but was about 9 years older. She distinctly remembered the "radioactive" signs in that location, but said she honestly did not remember anything about "monkeys". So....she did confirm something....

Keep digging!!! I may not be as looney as some people think! Thank you for such intriguing information!
I wonder if this is the same Don Barnes that is the owner & founder of catfence.com. He was also a consultant on the film Project X.
This reminds me of the experiments they did in the 40s/50s where monkeys were tied to poles on islands and they dropped anthax and such on them from above.

Has anyone heard of the Nazi farm around San Antonio?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 02:56 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,366,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoefette View Post
I talked to a former base safety officer who confirmed that there were several radiated monkeys buried in that far corner of perimeter road, they were moved in late 1990s. They were test-pilots from the labs down at Brooks AFB. Randolph was much more isolated and rural than Brooks AFB back in the day.

Did you know there is a tunnel under the officer's club leading toward the Taj and vice versa? It is unused, but it is there. Also confirmed with former safety officer. There are also tunnels under the flight line...actually, they were fuel conduits where the pipes were removed--but tunnels nonetheless.
I'm just now seeing this post. Finally! someone to tell me I'm not crazy (completely). You are right about RAFB being isolated back then. There was nothing but farm fields outside the Perimeter road.

I didn't know anything about tunnels, but it makes sense. My wedding reception was at the officer's club in 79. Spent many summers at the pool there when we lived on base. Great memories there. Sort of a small town feel with everything we needed. We biked or walked everywhere.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:56 PM

950 posts, read 1,259,174 times
Now I don't recall anything about the monkeys. However,,my late father was a chief and was stationed at ATC out at Randolph from 1971 to 1975. We came back here from Fort Meade ,Maryland where daddy had worked at NSA.Anyhow one day he and I were driving on the perimeter road and he mentioned about two ladies who were driving on the road.Well an airplane was coming in low and hit the car roof and took it off. Needless to say they didn't have any heads left. Now stupid me never asked him when this happend or where he heard this story. It must have been I guess sometime maybe in the 1930s or 40s possibly.Not even sure where I would look to find out information on the accident.Now daddy wasn't someone who would make up a story like this,,,, in fact he could be brutally honest and blunt in his comments at times.
Anyone ever hear this story?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio