Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 10:20 PM

82 posts, read 310,975 times

Advertisements

HEB's Grand Opening at Mcrelles is this week-end.
Anyone going? When they opened at 1604/Blanco, it was GREAT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 08:48 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,588,394 times
Yep, I'm going. I just found out last night that we have tickets. We went to the HEB plus opening for the Zarzamora store and it was a blast. I heard that this HEB Plus will not have an HEB Backyard I hope they didn't cheap out on this one.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:00 AM

72 posts, read 230,921 times
What can we expect if we go? Any freebees?

Old 07-30-2008, 10:57 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,588,394 times
When I went to the Zarazmora opening you got tickets for 2 free beers or other drink when you went in the door. They also had food booths set up in every section giving out really nice samples. For example, the fish section (i think) gave out avocados cut in half and stuffed with onions, peppers, tomatoes and shrimp. There were also tacos, sausages, ice cream, pie. It was really very nice. A live band set up on a large stage and played outside. A lot of local celebrities wandering around. As you left to board the bus out they gave everyone a cloth HEB bag about twice the size of the green bags full of freebies. If you can get tickets you should go.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:14 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,556,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
When I went to the Zarazmora opening you got tickets for 2 free beers or other drink when you went in the door. They also had food booths set up in every section giving out really nice samples. For example, the fish section (i think) gave out avocados cut in half and stuffed with onions, peppers, tomatoes and shrimp. There were also tacos, sausages, ice cream, pie. It was really very nice. A live band set up on a large stage and played outside. A lot of local celebrities wandering around. As you left to board the bus out they gave everyone a cloth HEB bag about twice the size of the green bags full of freebies. If you can get tickets you should go.
That actually sounds rather nice...I happened to be driving by that area during the opening (not realizing it was happening) and traffic was AWFUL. I swore I'd keep a wide berth of the McCreeless opening...

Old 07-30-2008, 12:32 PM

27 posts, read 112,998 times
I'll pass. My life insurance isn't paid up and I'd really not like for my car to go missing.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:47 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,775,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
You have to have tickets to attend????
No kidding???
Are they FREE??? (better be!!)
Where do you get them??
If you lined the tickets up end to end, spread flat on a conrete surface, how many would you need in order to circle the globe thrice?

Ok, jk on the last one - could you tell? - I just wanted to have an even number of questions. Don't ask me why; I'm *-retentive that way.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:19 PM

355 posts, read 1,375,218 times
why would anyones car get stolen?

Old 07-30-2008, 02:24 PM

91 posts, read 260,546 times
He's just an unhappy person....

Old 07-30-2008, 02:25 PM

469 posts, read 1,155,762 times
I plan on going by there sometime on Friday. The one on Fair at New Braunfels that this one is replacing is closer to my house but I never go to it. They never had anything I use and usually shopped at the SE Military store.

But I'll have to see if this new one carries most everything the SE Military store does...if it does I'll more than likely switch locations to shop at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio