Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 07:28 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,589,057 times

Advertisements

The bass player on the Late Show Band (Letterman) is from San Antonio. I think his dad was a music professor at one of the universities here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 08:19 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
Did you know the most prominent architect from Texas lived in San Antonio? He lived right behind San Jose mission all the years I was growing up and I didn't know it. I lived about three blocks away. He had visitors like Clint Eastwood and hung out at the "Landing" jass club (used to be in the basement of the Nix Hospital) now on the river walk. Here's an interesting article. O'Neil Ford

Old 08-08-2008, 09:07 AM

284 posts, read 1,087,730 times
I can't believe no one else has listed George Strait, who lives in the Dominion.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:09 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,589,057 times
The O'neil Ford estate had a huge, well publisized, estate sale a while back. I took off of work a few hours in the morning so that I could get out there before dawn. It's a good thing I did because by the time they opened the gates there were about 200-300 people in line. It was very intersesting to go though all of the buildings and stroll about the grounds but everything was really expensive and most of the good stuff was purchased at the private sale the previous weekend. I settled for a glass door knob for about $8.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:15 AM

284 posts, read 1,087,730 times
I thought of a few more:
Ricardo Chavira of Desperate Housewives is a graduate of University of the Incarnate Word. He still visits the campus to see his former instructors (and to do advertisements for UIW). I was in the same room with him a few months ago at a going-away party on campus.

Thomas Gibson, of Criminal Minds and Dharma & Greg, if he doesn't still live here, he used to, with his family.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:36 AM

1,220 posts, read 2,682,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowglobe View Post
I thought of a few more:
Thomas Gibson, of Criminal Minds and Dharma & Greg, if he doesn't still live here, he used to, with his family.
wow...he's cute. I looked his biography up on the internet. He still lives here, this is his wife's hometown. GOTTA keep a lookout for him!

btw...I went to UIW with Ricardo Chaviera. He was very nice and humble. I hope he's still the same!

Old 08-08-2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
The O'neil Ford estate had a huge, well publisized, estate sale a while back. I took off of work a few hours in the morning so that I could get out there before dawn. It's a good thing I did because by the time they opened the gates there were about 200-300 people in line. It was very intersesting to go though all of the buildings and stroll about the grounds but everything was really expensive and most of the good stuff was purchased at the private sale the previous weekend. I settled for a glass door knob for about $8.
Wow, bet that was interesting! My wife's brother knew he lived back there I didn't. But I used to go back there all the time. An old High school coach lived back there closer to the river. I read a lot about a while back. He'd walk in on a hot day and get in the shower with his suit on. Don't know if that's in the click on I posted. Glass door knob.... I had several a few years back and sold them to a Antique shop on McCollough. Wasn't worth the trip. I would have been happy with $8.00 a piece. Think they were the smaller ones.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowglobe View Post
I can't believe no one else has listed George Strait, who lives in the Dominion.
Me neither.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyfan View Post
wow...he's cute. I looked his biography up on the internet. He still lives here, this is his wife's hometown. GOTTA keep a lookout for him!ame!
I'm tellin!!

Old 08-08-2008, 11:26 AM

348 posts, read 1,223,018 times
Lara Flynn Boyle lives in San Antonio with her husband.

From wikipedia: "Her current husband is Donald Ray Thomas II, a real-estate investor, whom she married on December 18, 2006 in San Antonio, Texas."

We saw former Spur, Antonio Daniels, last Sunday at Boerne Stage Rd. and I-10.

I have had a few Eva sightings, I'm not a stalker btw..it's only because we live near their new home!

Most recently, about 3 wks ago?, we saw Eva 'Parker' at the same intersection at Boerne Stage Rd. She had the window rolled down, was on her cell phone and was wearing huge sunglasses. You couldn't miss her gleaming white teeth from a block away.

My father saw Eva and Tony at Rudy's BBQ in Leon Springs a few months ago and said the other patrons left them alone and respected their privacy.

And lastly, one evening, we were eating outside at Fralos and a SUV pulled up next to a parked car. Eva hopped out of the SUV. Guess who stepped out of the parked car? Yep. Tony. They walked into Fralos and sat at one of the first tables to have their dinner.

While Tony's driver was waiting, he moved her suitcases from one car to the other. When they were finished, Tony and Eva left together in one car.
They truly are cute together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio