Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2007, 02:38 PM

159 posts, read 785,060 times

Advertisements

Does anybody remember the locations of some of SA's old gentelmens clubs? Where they were located, and what the names of them were? A friend of mine from Cali was surprised that we have so many here, which got me to thinking.....how many have gone the way of the Dinosaur.

Theres another great thread here about remembering old SA, kinda the same thing here but I didnt want to ruin the other thread with S-club talk.

All I remember was Gergio's at 410 and Callahan. Its now a night club called Bogies (for old people 40 and up...from what I heard). There was also one called Top O' the Strip located off San Pedro. I not sure if that is right, or where it was located. Was it where the Tiffany's Billards is now? There was also some type of adult store (before Megaplex) located where HW90 and Hunt Lane meet, does anyone remember that place. My grandmother and I would drive home that way when I was young. I would always say..."Im going there when I grow up" and laugh. Now my grandfather was grown up and he went there a lot...thats how I knew what it was. I think they make molds for swimming pools there now, or they always have and it just closed.

San Antonites please chime in.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:40 PM

283 posts, read 1,836,189 times
Does this include swingers clubs and bath houses?

Old 02-16-2007, 02:48 PM

159 posts, read 785,060 times
Default If ya got beans SPILL THEM

Oh yes give me what ya got San Antonio. Let me know where the fellas like to let loose back in the day. Add some stories too if the mood so strikes you. I know I had many a good night at Gergio's. Even saw Antonio Daniels (Spurs guard) get ASKED to leave because a girl under his table for some reason. LOL..I remember he had on basketball shorts on and no underware so when he got up everything was outta wack, and all he guys in there were laughing.

I didnt know SA had bath houses or swinger spots long ago......do tell. What are SA's dirty little secrets.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:04 PM

244 posts, read 1,092,712 times
Uhh wow. Too much information.

What I do notice about San Antonio establishments is that the quality of the women is really bad. If your idea of attractiveness is overweight, bad teeth, and some cellulite, then by all means....eat your heart out.

Definitely a more blue collar vibe going on.

Plus alot of them sag in more places than one!

Old 02-16-2007, 04:31 PM

351 posts, read 1,585,158 times
Hello,

Do I have some stories. I did not go to them per se, I mainly just WORKED at them (LOL). Allstar, Wild Zebra, Sugar's, in the kitchen, behind the bar, barback, doorman, front door, whatever the boss needed at the time. Small staffs, not too much hassel from the bosses. Left alone to do your job, plus great side benefits. I have cooked for many, many NBA stars. I have been sitting at the bar playing the video game (you can tell people who work there, we do not just stare at the girls, we just want a drink after working all day) and the members of KORN came in and sat down next to me (Allstar's). I have had a beer with Magic Johnson who watched the game from the VIP room I think it was '96 when the Lakers were playing the Spurs and he had recieved a one game suspension for laying hands on the ref. The boss asked me to stand at his VIP area and keep people away. I was off for the night but hanging out anyway so "What the hey!" Anyway, he asked me what I was doing and I told him and he invited me in and I got to have a beer with MAGIC!!! He asked me to get him a specific girl for a table dance, I could not talk her into it because he had just come out the year before that he had AIDS and no one wanted to dance for him (LOL). I just left rather than telling him that!! Do you remember the movie that was filmed in San Antonio starring that goofball from Sixteen Candles; Anthony Michael Hall called "Johnny Be Good" ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095409/)? (broken link) They filmed that movie in and around San Antonio. In one scene where a college is trying to recruit him they go to a tata (LOL do not want to offend) bar and get goodun drunk. This scene was filmed at "Baby Dolls" on Wurzbach Rd. They came in, redid the interior and put everything back the way it was one weekend in 1987. I only know this because my best friend at the time sister was a dancer at the bar and got invited to be a dancer in the movie (can only see her in the background).
In 2003 when the Spurs were playing the Nets in the finals I was sitting in the bar (Allstars) when in walks Kenyon Martin and several other nets. Seeing as how I am a big Spurs fan, I wanted these guys to get good and would up. Instead they took it easy, pretty much keeping to themselves until this beautiful nubian princess got on the main stage and Kenyon went to tip her. He gave her 1 lousy dollar. Last time I checked he was a multi millionaire!! Cheap, cheap, cheap.
You want to know about older clubs, do you remeber Zig Zags? It is now Wild Zebra's, but it was Zig Zag's for a while. Top O' the Strip, I remember that place. A friend of mine (6'5" 450 lbs.) named Tiny used to DJ there. A lot of drug dealers and low life used to go there. That was one place that deserved to be closed down.
The owners of these bars have been fighting the city councilmen during the week and serving them on the weekend!! Bunch of hypocrites. They have been trying to shut the doors on EVERY Gentlemen's club in SA.
Do you remember PT's right off of 410 and San Pedro? We used to joke that it stood for Plastic T%tties. (LOL) Great times watching the Cowboys in the Super Bowls there.
NOvember Hawk, you asked the same thing when I wrote about Sneaker's, what is up with that, are you holding out on us? I have lived in SA all of my life and have NEVER heard of any Swinger's Clubs! Are Bath Houses where Homosexuals go? Not trying to offend, just honestly do not know.

Later,

Thanks again for a trip down mammory lane.

crazed chef

P.S. I hope I did not offend anyone, but thes clubs are a part of
San Antonio.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:37 PM

351 posts, read 1,585,158 times
To UTSA stud

When I worked at Allstars there were several women who had appeared in Playboy's special features. The quality of the women depends upon the time of day and the day itself. A lot of the truly beautiful women only work Fri and Sat nights and take the rest of the week off (because they make that much money). There are a lot of beautiful, funny, smart and talented women that take their clothes off for a living and will laugh if you try to suggest that they are being "exploited". I knew several that had phd's.
crazedchef

Old 02-16-2007, 07:08 PM

34 posts, read 197,848 times
How about River City Caberet? Used to be downtown, its a coffee shop now. Also the Rainbow Lounge on Military across from Lackland. What was the name of the one near Leon Valley? Think it was one of the first full nude clubs? Also anyone remember a club of 281 and Nakoma area. It was an "Industrial Music" club....around '90.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:11 PM

305 posts, read 1,618,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedic242 View Post
Also anyone remember a club of 281 and Nakoma area. It was an "Industrial Music" club....around '90.
I remember it after it was a strip club. A friend of mine's dad bought it. We helped him clean it out and wanted to know if he wanted to leave the pole in. And I think it had a spiral staircase as well. It was a good deal, we worked and got as tribute as much beer as we could drink.

As for my strip club memories, Top O' the Strip was the first one I ever went to. If I recall, it was located on San Pedro near Jackson Keller. Hate to hear it degenerated into such a seedy joint. There was one on Hildebrand close to San Pedro. I think it was all nude. Looked like a rough joint so I never went in. Baby Dolls on Wurzbach was a great place. There were a few girls from my high school that danced there. Now across the Loop from Zebra/Zig Zags was a strip club that change names quite often. And who could forget when Fred Rd. showed X-rated movies? And I am killing myself trying to remember the one near Leon Valley. Was it on Bandera?

Old 02-21-2007, 11:28 PM

23 posts, read 94,374 times
La Bare. Yeah, it was a male strip club. I'm female and remember going there a few times. Can't remember where it was though.

I remember that place near Leon Valley, wasn't it near Bandera and 410? I think the street name was Zangs - it would have been near where the Saturn dealer is now. Can't remember the name, but the color pink comes to mind.

Players and Bentleys are swinger clubs in San Antonio and I think there is another, but I've been out of the lifestyle for a while. Swinger clubs are members only clubs and not easy to find.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:48 AM

283 posts, read 1,836,189 times
So you use to be a swinger?

Outstanding!

Glad to see that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio