Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 07:11 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times

Advertisements

I miss his commercials and I'm glad they got rid of that red haired wig wearing thing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 04:33 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I miss his commercials and I'm glad they got rid of that red haired wig wearing thing
Awwwww, that's his daughter, Wendy. It was a little disturbing back in the day, though, when their jingle was "Hot and Juicy, Hot and Juicy" and then you had the little red-headed girl on the logo. Creepiness.*

*only in Western civilizations, though.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:56 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times
Ok, had a Wendys today. Sorry, all you Wendys lovers...HOP ON THE FAILBOAT. It's good, but it's no Whataburger!

Ask me, why is it that when you are out of state, the first meal you get back in Texas is a whataburger! Nothing like it.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:02 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
I like Whataburger better. I like the chicken sandwich and the whataburger too because its one of the few burgers that dont make my stomach feel achy.
I like the nuggets at Wendys. But the burgers are deplorable. The taste.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:51 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Ok, I know that immediately some of you are going to say, how could a chain like Wendy's compare with our beloved semi-local Whataburger?

I used to feel the same way. But lately I've been eating at Wendy's more often. And they have really surprised me. It seems like they are actually better than they used to be. It may just be the particular ones I go to. (I tend to avoid the one at Dezavala/Vance-Jackson.) Both the burgers and fries are great.

Any other opinions?
Whataburger wins by a mile in my book. I've tried Wendys and each time I have vowed not to go back due to the bad taste and indigestion that it gave me. I do like the Frostys though. that's about it. Whataburgers are so addictive and the service is really good b/c they really go all out to serve you. the kids that work there are good kids, not the tattooed, baggy assed,earring/nose ring wearing hoodlums that you see walking around these days. I went to this place called luther's the other day. the waiters were a freak show. I almost threw up into my fries.

I second what Texas Nick said about wanting to eat Whataburger when out of state. It was always one of the things that I wanted to eat when I lived out of state and came home to visit my family here in so texas.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:08 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
the kids that work there are good kids, not the tattooed, baggy assed,earring/nose ring wearing hoodlums that you see walking around these days.
That's an interesting observation. Whataburger is one of the few fast food/retail places that doesn't drug screen. My son worked there during high school and said all the potheads apply there.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:13 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
and don't get me going on people that make ASSumptions when it comes to tattoos.. I think it all depends on the area you are in as far as who is working there.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:45 AM

452 posts, read 1,028,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Whataburger wins by a mile in my book.
Totally agree!

Quote:
the kids that work there are good kids, not the tattooed, baggy assed,earring/nose ring wearing hoodlums that you see walking around these days.
Never judge a book by its cover because you might be missing a great story! I know quite of few of both and you'd be surprised at what you'd discover if you took the time to get to KNOW some of the kids rather than just making snap judgments.

Quote:
I second what Texas Nick said about wanting to eat Whataburger when out of state. It was always one of the things that I wanted to eat when I lived out of state and came home to visit my family here in so texas.
Agree, again!

Old 02-18-2009, 01:45 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,111,562 times
Jack in the box is pretty good. So is Wendy's, BK and Whataburger. I can't do without Whataburger.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:56 PM

6 posts, read 33,916 times
How can all of you support Wendy's? I've been there maybe three times in the last 10 years of my life, and each time I've gotten tiny burgers, most of them with squeeze cheese on them. At least Whataburger uses slices of processed cheese food, not Rico's Nacho Cheese in a Can.Yuck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio