Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 06:02 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times

Advertisements

not one, six
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 06:02 PM

Cheddar's review part deux: Went there again tonight and I arrived at a little before 5 PM, so there was no waiting again. This time I had a couple issues, but one was understandable. Since the place is very poplular and only there are only about 5 haters in the entire city, they ran out of several things. I can see running out of shrimp even though that was what I wanted for dinner, but they also ran out of tea. I joked with the waitress about how that is probably illegal in Texas, but I'm guessing others might have been upset with that. I have no idea how you can run out of tea, but they did somehow.
I got the ribs and steak this time and they did a great job of not cooking it. Plenty of blood dripping out, just how I love it. Next time I need to remember to ask for just a tiny bit of seasoning, though. I like natural flavor and that seasoning is loaded with pepper. Ribs were outstanding again, that brocolli casserole cheese thing was great again too. I got the mashed potatoes this time and that white gravy was the best I've had since I was a little kid. It tastes exactly like the white gravy one of my aunts used to make and I've been wanting that taste again for decades. They put a tiny bit of sugar in it and that's the difference. This time I went with my wife, son, his GF, and the granddaughter and everyone loved it. Son's GF is from San Angelo and Cheddar's is one of her favorite places and also by far the most popular restaurant in San Angelo, or at least it was when I was there in 2001. My one other issue was the temperature. It's cool in there for sure, but this time I was all the way in the back right corner of the building against the window and there's an a/c vent strip running all along it. This makes sense because it keeps the windows cool when the sun hits them, but it was seriously blowing on the table and my ribs tasted like they just came out of the fridge by the time I got to them (that was the last thing I ate).
I'll definitely be back again. Two for two in the outstanding category is hard to find anywhere. The Cheddar's haters don't know what they're missing

BTW, it was starting to get busy by the time we left at around a little before 6:30, so I think getting there between 5-6 is the best time.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:52 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,836,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
No cupholder?!
got stolen

Old 08-03-2009, 10:17 AM

27 posts, read 59,997 times
Ugh. my experience there was not good. WTF do carrots have to do in the alfredo? We had about three people servicing our table during our stay, and none of them were refilling our glasses or anything [and I was having water]

I just didnt like the food. My grandfather wasnt pleased, and my BF didnt eat a lot of it. Nasty.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:39 AM

824 posts, read 1,816,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxiasan View Post
ugh. My experience there was not good. Wtf do carrots have to do in the alfredo? We had about three people servicing our table during our stay, and none of them were refilling our glasses or anything [and i was having water]

i just didnt like the food. My grandfather wasnt pleased, and my bf didnt eat a lot of it. Nasty.
snob!!! Elitist!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 02:09 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlpr View Post
snob!!! Elitist!!!

Neither a snob nor an elitist. He went, had a bad time, and I bet he'll move on with his life.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:10 PM

Wait! you can do that?

Old 08-03-2009, 02:21 PM

Iunno....he may stop and buy a pickup truck, knock a few trees down, swing by the Stop n Rob for a sixer of bud Light and go home and beat his dog now. It's something to worry about.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:25 PM

824 posts, read 1,816,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Neither a snob nor an elitist. He went, had a bad time, and I bet he'll move on with his life.
I figured the presence of an emoticon would help you get the joke.....next time I'll type in "just kidding" or something for greater clarity...

Old 08-03-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlpr View Post
I figured the presence of an emoticon would help you get the joke.....next time I'll type in "just kidding" or something for greater clarity...
Dude, admit it. You weren't joking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio