Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2009, 08:15 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,713,148 times

Advertisements

alright here's something that may interest you guys. You can upload a photo of your face and then the program will match it with celebrity look-alikes. I tried it and I got some weird combos...some old dude I never heard of supposedly looks like me. There was also some young teen kid that supopsedly looks like me. However, the highlight was that I was able to balance it out with a 60% probability hit of looking like Hugh Jackman

Celebrity Collage - MyHeritage

* Liv Tyler was a hit on my look-alike, too. WTF

Old 05-31-2009, 08:30 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,293,158 times
Hugh Jackman eh??????

Old 06-01-2009, 02:35 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,293,158 times
Default Art Studios like Clay Casa

Does anyone know if there are any art studios similar to Clay Casa or Paint Paper Scissors in the far Northwest (West? Potranco/SW area) side of town? I am trying to find some place like that to take my son to. We used to frequent Clay Casa when we lived in the area a few years ago, but it just seems too far now. I want to sign him up for some kinda art camp. If anyone has any suggestions let me know!

Old 06-01-2009, 08:24 AM

667 posts, read 1,567,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
We went to the infamous mexican restaurant in Helotes last night. Most of you know that I am not a fan of this place but with everyone on CD always saying it is great I decided to give it another chance. Well........ I am three for three and NOT going back.
I ordered the chili relleno (sp?) BLAH!! I only took two bites. My dh ordered some chicken dish and he didn't finish it (very unusual for him not to finish).
To begin with when we all got our food (6 in our party), we didn't have any silverware. We asked the waitress and she brought it in about 5 minutes. She was very slow with everything she did. She filled up by dh's sprite glass with water.

The one good thing was the tortillas. They were soft and fresh.
I just don't get how there are SO MANY cars there all the time.
The place was MUCH better before the expansion. Mamacita's has them beat hands down, IMO.
That's been my experience as well. Never want to go back. Not sure how they have the business that they do have. Kinda like Earl Abel's. People swear by them. I went again yesterday (someone else chose the location, had to go), and yet again had an unpleasant experience.

Mamacita's though- yum! Plus the atmosphere is fun without being obnoxious.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:50 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
get ready to say wow..
YouTube - Future Technology 2009 The year of technology invention (milliongenerator)

Old 06-01-2009, 11:15 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,713,148 times
English growing fast in China, but what's more amazing is that China also lays claim to the fastest rate of growth for Christianity.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:05 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
alright here's something that may interest you guys. You can upload a photo of your face and then the program will match it with celebrity look-alikes. I tried it and I got some weird combos...some old dude I never heard of supposedly looks like me. There was also some young teen kid that supopsedly looks like me. However, the highlight was that I was able to balance it out with a 60% probability hit of looking like Hugh Jackman

Celebrity Collage - MyHeritage

* Liv Tyler was a hit on my look-alike, too. WTF
LOL!!!! We played around with that not that long ago. I never heard of the people that I supposedly looked like. I put in 4 very different pics of my daughter and kept coming back with Eva Longoria or Kate Hudson??? Other than celebrities they don't resemble each other at all.

I think I had some guy in the mix too! too funny! He was pretty though!

Old 06-02-2009, 09:08 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
Does anyone know if there are any art studios similar to Clay Casa or Paint Paper Scissors in the far Northwest (West? Potranco/SW area) side of town? I am trying to find some place like that to take my son to. We used to frequent Clay Casa when we lived in the area a few years ago, but it just seems too far now. I want to sign him up for some kinda art camp. If anyone has any suggestions let me know!
Perti....have you called any of the art museums, or Blue Star? Also the Southwest School for Art and Crafts....they may have some recommendations for you for summer kid camps!

Old 06-02-2009, 01:05 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,684,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
LOL!!!! We played around with that not that long ago. I never heard of the people that I supposedly looked like. I put in 4 very different pics of my daughter and kept coming back with Eva Longoria or Kate Hudson??? Other than celebrities they don't resemble each other at all.

I think I had some guy in the mix too! too funny! He was pretty though!

I got Kate Hudson twice, but I am told that I look like her...

With a mix of Rachel from friends...not Jen Aniston...but Rachel.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:41 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,835,272 times
I KNOW someone here has the answer to this question!
If you have a consumer complaint about a local business (small LLC, HQ'd here in San Antonio) who can you complain to when your pleas for resolution have gone unanswered by the folks at the business's HQ?
Would a small business owner be spurred into action by cc'ing or telling them the BBB has been contacted? What else is there?
I could just tell them I'd bad-mouth them on CD, maybe that would work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio