Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2009, 03:35 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,398,571 times

Advertisements

I love a good positive story, especially when it involves animals and humans. They should show more of them and less of what they usually show.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:10 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,040,309 times
n/m

Old 12-04-2009, 10:28 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,714,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
n/m
ok.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:33 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,040,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
ok.
Thanks....I was trying to help Jules out with something near and dear to her heart, but I was about an hour late for the bus. Gotta get up pretty early in the morning to keep up with that groovy chick.

One of my cats got out about an hour ago and she won't come back in. I pulled all my plants in....covered up the ones I had to leave outside.....2 of the 3 cats are in.....gotta turn one of the faucets on.......and that's the news, and I am OUTTA HERE.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:05 PM

^thanks for that clarification, Saph.

I was alone in the woods all that afternoon, and I did not steal the letter.

But I do have strong evidence for the denial of (7). For I have the same evidence as everyone else that I was in the chairman's office and took the letter; and this evidence is sufficient to convince my colleagues (who are eminently fairminded and initially well disposed towards me) of my guilt. They are convinced on the basis of what they know that I took the letter; and I know everything they know.

So I take (7) as basic; but I have a substantial reason to believe a defeater of (7). According to Q*, if I am to be rational in this situation, I must have even better reason to believe that this potential defeater is false. Do I? Well, the only reason I have for thinking this potential defeater false is just (7) itself; I don't have any independent reason to think the defeater false. (The warrant I have for (7) is nonpropositional warrant; it is not conferred upon (7) by virtue of my believing that proposition on the basis of some other proposition, for I don't believe (7) on the basis of any other proposition.)

In this situation it is obvious, I take it, that I am perfectly rational in continuing to believe (7) in this basic way....

Last edited by doss1; 12-04-2009 at 11:15 PM..

Old 12-04-2009, 11:12 PM

What is it with people putting "eskimo" sweaters on their dogs? They go out to take a leak for 5mins and people think the dog is in NOME, ALASKA.

If you're going to do a sweater, then do it like this:

Thanks to the Dachsie for modeling (yea she's a girly girl).
Attached Thumbnails
San Antonio Off Topic Thread Part 3-abby.jpg  

Old 12-04-2009, 11:22 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,370,704 times
Quote:

But I do have strong evidence for the denial of (7). For I have the same evidence as everyone else that I was in the chairman's office and took the letter; and this evidence is sufficient to convince my colleagues (who are eminently fairminded and initially well disposed towards me) of my guilt. They are convinced on the basis of what they know that I took the letter; and I know everything they know.

So I take (7) as basic; but I have a substantial reason to believe a defeater of (7). According to Q*, if I am to be rational in this situation, I must have even better reason to believe that this potential defeater is false. Do I? Well, the only reason I have for thinking this potential defeater false is just (7) itself; I don't have any independent reason to think the defeater false. (The warrant I have for (7) is nonpropositional warrant; it is not conferred upon (7) by virtue of my believing that proposition on the basis of some other proposition, for I don't believe (7) on the basis of any other proposition.)

In this situation it is obvious, I take it, that I am perfectly rational in continuing to believe (7) in this basic way....
Nick....are you auditioning for a part on the "Prisoner?" ...lol....lost me here, cutie!

Old 12-04-2009, 11:48 PM

778 posts, read 2,504,118 times
Quote:

Whoa. I've been away from this place for way too long.

I'll just leave now.

Yeesh!

Old 12-04-2009, 11:51 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,197,554 times
Quote:

That's some good stuff you got there !!!!

Old 12-05-2009, 03:34 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,398,571 times
one of my dogs actually likes getting his sweater on when it's cold. Then again, if he was human he would probably be a hair dresser or on one of the HGTV shows... think Stan's dog from the very old school South Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio