Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 10:15 AM

443 posts, read 1,506,303 times

Advertisements

i agree... for family living, i'll give it a 9 out of 10....
for singles, i'll give it a 7 out of 10...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 05:58 PM

54 posts, read 249,119 times
We love it here.

The folks are friendly and diverse.
The school district(NISD) seems to have its act together in both curriculum and staffing.
Our area (Sonoma Ranch) is relatively quiet but downtown is a short trip away.
We have the Zoo, Sea World, Fiesta TX, and Schlitterbahn all nearby, in addition to parks and a new YMCA.

B.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:34 AM

19 posts, read 38,259 times
Wow ! Im from LA and Im thinking of moving to SA or Austin, but I hope I dont run into narrow minded people who think all brown skin people are "MEXICAN" I am Mexican I have fair skin and a long European looking face. Somaybe the ones who thing we are all short and brown are not well educated.FYI one thing is Hispanic the other is Latin....food for your brain. Also Hispanics are the majority , whe even have a mixed race president as of today. Be aware the next one can be Hispanic.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:08 AM

19 posts, read 38,259 times
Default What's so great about SA

Hi, I live in LA, but I have recently started to consider moving to SA. I am a single hispanic mother 37 yrs old and I have been in real estate for 18 yrs. My son is only 1 ,so I guess I better move before he starts school. I have a friend who likes Austin, But I just don't know what to do. Can you shed some light about the two.
Thank's

Last edited by MexGirl; 02-21-2009 at 02:09 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-21-2009, 06:31 AM

791 posts, read 3,960,605 times
There's this great little box at the top of the page that says "search" and you can use it to find just about any entry on any topic you're interested in. To help get you started, try these two sticky threads posted at the top of the first page:
Then, here's a plethora of SA vs. Austin threads you may find useful:

Old 02-21-2009, 07:09 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drzy View Post
Yes, but Mexicans are Hispanics. See the linked article below for more info. It sounds like you think I said something that was incorrect.

Hispanic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(As I hope everyone knows, the converse is not necessarily true)

Yes, but we are Americans too! Stop calling us Mexicans. We were not born and raised in Mexico. Some of our ancestors fought for Texas independence from Mexico. We are Americans of Mexican descent or "mexican americans", not Mexicans.

Last edited by wehotex; 02-21-2009 at 07:39 AM..

Old 02-21-2009, 07:19 AM

707 posts, read 1,846,064 times
I've lived in Austin, but that was before I had kids, so kid-friendly things weren't on my radar. What I do know now is that the area has grown so quickly, IMO it doesn't feel like Austin any more. If you intend to live north of Austin, it will take you a while to get to the kid-friendly things because the traffic can be very congested.

We just moved to San Antonio (I have two 5-year olds) and the schools seem great (it's only been a week that they've been enrolled, we're in NISD). The zoo is nice and my kids like Sea World, but they're a little older.

If you really want kid-friendly, look into Colorado. We just moved from there, but there's a playground on just about every block. That is no exaggeration. They have great schools and lots for families. I'm originally from Texas, so I'm just happy to be back, but we did enjoy CO.

FWIW, I've lived in CA too -- my kids were born there. We lived on the central coast though, so there weren't many kid-friendly things except the beach. I did know that I did not want my kids to go to school there, though. Otherwise we liked it a lot. Good luck!

Old 02-21-2009, 12:05 PM

592 posts, read 2,025,123 times
austin is not very kid friendly. too many drunk collage kids. but austin was a nice place before all the influx of people that changed the culture of what austin was. san antonio is your best bet.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:34 PM

452 posts, read 1,028,302 times
Hey, guys. This thread is almost TWO years old! Sheesh!

Old 02-21-2009, 01:59 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,196,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisLilSecret View Post
Hey, guys. This thread is almost TWO years old! Sheesh!
Yep !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio