Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2007, 08:27 AM

61 posts, read 324,996 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about Canyon Lake, New Braunfels and the surrounding areas and schools? Is the South Shore really the preferred shore? If so why? Any help in any of this area is appreciated. I have only one child left at home and she will be in the third grade this year. We would like to build on 2-5 acres in a gated or nicer community and want the land to stay under 125K. Thanks for all your help locals!!!!! We appreciate it.
Dreamin of Texas.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 02:37 PM

4 posts, read 13,466 times
Default North vs. South

Neither shore is better, per se. It depends on what you prefer. It wasn't too long ago that there wasn't much on the north shore, but that is changing. The new CLHS is opening next month on the north side. There's also a 3 year old elementary school (Rebecca Creek) and with the opening of the new elementary school in Startzville, the old Mtn. Valley school is being converted to a middle school. Several new restaurants have opened north, and the fastest growing subdivisions are now on the north side.

Whether you go north or south will depend, more than anything, on how close to San Antonio you wish to be. The south side is an easier commute to the city than the north side, but both sides are developing and have their own unique flavor.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:50 AM

85 posts, read 357,120 times
We built on the southside of the lake because of the commute into SA for my husband's job and because of the proximity to Hwy46 as a good thoroughfare between the 281/SA side and the I-35/New Braunfels side. We love it out here and are on a little over an acre. In the few years since we purchased our land (3) I have seen the prices jump significantly. Lots that were 1.2 acres and selling for $45K are now selling for $65K. There is an area around here I have seen signs for that has larger lots (2-5 acres) and it's called Rebecca Creek Ranches. I don't know anything about it though. Also there is a new subdivision that will have gated areas called Vintage Oaks. I am not sure of their lot sizes.

One other thing, there is a man who has sold for Bluegreen communities on both shores and is now retired and opened his own business. I received a flyer from him the other day with a listing of a bunch of properties up for sale in the area. Several of them are in the subdivision I live in. Here is his web-page. It has pics of the lots.

My daughter is in high school so I can't tell you anything about the grade schools and we've only been out here for a couple of months. Before that we were in SA in the Stone Oak area for 7 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio