Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 07:24 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySA View Post
Another SA drivers thread?!?!? I'm still surprised we don't have a subforum for SA's drivers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Agree. OK, OK, we know there are bad drivers in San Antonio...enough already! This forum is called City Data, not driver data.

Bowie, how about merging this thread with one of the other million bad driver threads?
This will be the thread for such posts. Future threads will be merged into this one. I think it could be confusing to merge old threads into this one, since there are so many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
That's so responsible of city-data to encourage taking photos while driving your vehicle...of other idiots that can't seem to just DRIVE instead of, let's see, taking pictures of other idiots. I don't see any difference in taking your eyes off the road to take these pics and taking your eyes off the road to put on mascara. STUPID.
I was assuming the photos would be taken while not moving, like sitting at the next traffic light applying mascara after they passed you at 200 mph. With that in mind, I was also assuming photos would be few and far between, unless there's a whole subculture of people I don't know about with vehicle-mounted cameras.

Lest I be accused of giving people too much credit, here's some disclaimer language: 1. Take your pictures while stationary. Get stationary in places where it's OK to be stationary, like red lights and parking lots. 2. This isn't a contest, so don't go out of your way to take photos. A picture may be the equivalent of 1,000 words, but if you don't have a picture, post the 1,000 words instead.

Any other comments?

Old 08-31-2009, 08:20 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
Bowie

Just an observation, in case CD doesn't have a requirement to block out license plate numbers. Things might get a bit touchy if someone posts a pic of a bad driver that includes their license plate, and they happen to come across it here; so it might be a good idea to make that mandatory...

Cheers! M2

Old 08-31-2009, 08:21 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Just a question, does CD have a requirement to block out license plate numbers? I think things might get a bit touchy if someone posts a pic of a bad driver that includes their license plate, and they happen to come across it here...
That's why I made the following limitation above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
If you post photos or info, they can't be personally identifiable... so no faces, license plate numbers or vehicles with the owner's name or the business name. Crop 'em out, blur em out or cover 'em up in the photos and just leave those details out of the stories.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
That's why I made the following limitation above.
Sorry, I missed that!

Old 08-31-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
If you post photos or info, they can't be personally identifiable... so no faces, license plate numbers or vehicles with the owner's name or the business name. Crop 'em out, blur em out or cover 'em up in the photos and just leave those details out of the stories.
Since they're so common, I should add one more thing to that list of things to leave out: those decals that people put on the rear window of their vehicles to tell the world that daughter Maria goes to Aardvark Middle School and plays piccolo in the school orchestra.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:51 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,506,025 times
Quote:
This will be the thread for such posts. Future threads will be merged into this one. I think it could be confusing to merge old threads into this one, since there are so many.

I was assuming the photos would be taken while not moving, like sitting at the next traffic light applying mascara after they passed you at 200 mph. With that in mind, I was also assuming photos would be few and far between, unless there's a whole subculture of people I don't know about with vehicle-mounted cameras.

Lest I be accused of giving people too much credit, here's some disclaimer language: 1. Take your pictures while stationary. Get stationary in places where it's OK to be stationary, like red lights and parking lots. 2. This isn't a contest, so don't go out of your way to take photos. A picture may be the equivalent of 1,000 words, but if you don't have a picture, post the 1,000 words instead.

Any other comments?

I have six cameras in my truck (just installed this weekend) and I have two dash cams. They work wonders

Old 08-31-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
I have six cameras in my truck (just installed this weekend) and I have two dash cams. They work wonders
I guess you're part of that "subculture of people I don't know about with vehicle-mounted cameras." Do they work passively, meaning they just record and you don't have to aim them with a joystick and a monitor?

Old 08-31-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I guess you're part of that "subculture of people I don't know about with vehicle-mounted cameras." Do they work passively, meaning they just record and you don't have to aim them with a joystick and a monitor?
Welcome to Orwell's 1984!

Old 08-31-2009, 03:47 PM

413 posts, read 1,404,913 times
Did anyone get in the middle of the car pile up on 281 this morning right before the Hildebrand exit. It was like 5 cars. What's crazy is that I was seriously running late today and if I would have left at my usual time, I might have been hit in that mess. Thank heavens I was late. I still feel bad for the cars that were in it, it looked pretty bad.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:11 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,701,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeruscurves View Post
Did anyone get in the middle of the car pile up on 281 this morning right before the Hildebrand exit. It was like 5 cars. What's crazy is that I was seriously running late today and if I would have left at my usual time, I might have been hit in that mess. Thank heavens I was late. I still feel bad for the cars that were in it, it looked pretty bad.
I heard 109 minute delay this morning on my way to work! Yikes. Thank God i'm never over there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio